• Samuel Turner Kimbell, son of Mr. and Mrs. Mark Kimbell (Campus Safety) was born on Thursday, December 7.
• Landon Tyler Bone, son of Jennifer and Kyle Bone (Athletics/Development), was born on Friday, December 8.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT RAFFLE
The International Student Alliance held a raffle for a hand-carved nativity scene during their international dinner on December 15. Brother Allen Johnson selected the winning number: 483003. The lucky person holding the winning number should contact Andraous Jahshan at 321-3285 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
STUDENT ORGANIZATION NEWS & EVENTS
• The brothers of Tau Kappa Epsilon raised $16,000 for charity in the 2005-06 academic year, placing 2nd out of 243 active TKE chapters in the nation. The Pi-Epsilon chapter feels that it is their duty to help those in need.
• Plough Library will observe the following hours for the holidays: Open 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday, December 18-21; and closed December 22-January 1.
• The Help Desk and Computer Center will observe the following hours for the holidays: Open 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday, December 18-21; and closed December 22-January 1. The 24-hour lab will also be closed December 22-January 1.
CLICK HERE FOR HOLIDAY SAFETY TIPS FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF CAMPUS SAFETY.
Congratulations to the first graduating class in CBU's Certificate in Project Management program, who received their certificates on December 11. Pictured above, left to right: Luther Headley, Curtis Murray, Debra Malone-Reeve, Jonathan Litterer, Dhiraj Sharma, and Barry Carroll. Not pictured are Christopher Carson and Kelsie Ray. For more information on the Project Management program, click here.
Grades should be available for viewing on the web by Thursday, December 21. Please do not call the registrar's office to see when grades will be ready. Periodically you can go to Banner web and check to see if the grades are available.
The 2007-08 FAFSA will be available online January 1, so make plans to fill it out as soon as possible after that date. Tennessee residents need to submit the FAFSA by February 15 even if estimated data has to be used. Please visit www.fafsa.ed.gov (CBU = 003482).
ASK FOR STUDY ABROAD FOR CHRISTMAS
All students interested in spending a month in Merry Old England from mid-May to mid-June, sign up NOW. The deadline is not until February, but the spaces are limited at Edge Hill; $100 will hold your place until February. There is still room on the London side trip as well. When you go home for Christmas tell Grandma, Aunt Tillie, and Cousin Bob that a donation to your Educational Fund would be a nice holiday remembrance. GOOD LUCK! Go to the study abroad webpage for more details or contact Study Abroad office at 321-3264 or the professors, Dr. Neal Palmer ("The History of Rock") or Conrad Brombach ("Sports Psychology").
Anyone who is still searching for some of that oft-elusive Christmas Spirit is advised to visit the Division of Student Life and admire the decorated office doors. Pictured above is the Counseling Center office, rendered truly magical by Ms. Sadie Lisenby and Antony Eddy ('09)
REMINDER: CBU NEWS MEDIA POLICY
ALL inquiries from the news media should be coordinated through the Office of Communications and Marketing. Although media calls should be returned promptly, staff and administrators should inform the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing (ext. 4417) BEFORE returning any media calls. Click here to review CBU's full policy on media relations and to get tips on being interviewed by reporters.
MEN'S BASKETBALL (9-2, 0-0 GSC)
12/16: Bucs 94 , LeMoyne-Owen 56
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL (5-3, 0-0 GSC)
12/17: Lady Bucs 63 , Alabama-Huntsville 56
12/19: MISSOURI-ST. LOUIS @ Canale Arena (7:00 p.m.)
12/30: LANE COLLEGE @ Canale Arena (4:00 p.m.)
SOUTHERN ARKANSAS @ Magnolia, AR (7:30 p.m.)
12/19: BELLARMINE @ Canale Arena (5:00 p.m.)
12/30: LANE COLLEGE @ Canale Arena (2:00 p.m.)
12/31: LeMOYNE-OWEN @ Canale Arena (2:00 p.m.)
01/03: WEST ALABAMA @ Livingston, AL (2:00 p.m.)
01/06: SOUTHERN ARKANSAS @ Magnolia, AR (5:30 p.m.)