||COMMENCEMENT WEEK EVENTS
• Graduate & Professional Studies Reception: Tuesday, May 8, 5:30 p.m., Sabbatini Lounge
• Senior Party: Tuesday, May 8, 6:30 p.m., Central Lot for the bus, $20 tickets available in Student Life or Alumni offices. For more info, contact email@example.com.
• Commencement Rehearsal: Wednesday, May 9, 6:00 p.m., University Theater
• Senior Picnic: Wednesday, May 9, Boshwit Courtyard, immediately following Rehearsal
• Alumni Legacy Dinner: Thursday, May 10, 5:30 p.m. By invitation only
• Baccalaureate: Thursday, May 10, 7:30 p.m., University Theater
• President's Reception: Thursday, May 10, Boshwit Courtyard, immediately following Baccalaureate
• Special Recognition Ceremony & Brunch: Friday, May 11, 10:00 a.m. By invitation only
• Commencement: Friday, May 11, 4:00 p.m., Desoto Civic Center
Julie Newman (Chemical Engineering '07) received first prize for her presentation "Sponge Absorber Optimization for LPG Recovery" to the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, MidSouth Section, Student Design Project Presentation competition in Oxford, MS on May 2. The project was based on work done as part of an internship at the Valero Energy Corporation Memphis Refinery. This is the third consecutive year that a CBU student has won the $300 first prize in this competition, and the fifth year with a CBU student winning or finishing in a first place tie.
Maureen Rigsbee, mother of Tonna Bruce (Dean, Graduate & Professional Studies), passed away on May 1 in Little Rock. In appreciation for the comfort offered to her mother in her final hours, Tonna asks that any memorials be sent to Hospice Home Care (2200 South Bowman. Little Rock, AR 72211). Condolences may be sent to Tonna at 8595 Old Creek Road, Memphis, TN 38125. Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.
CAMPUS MINISTRY EVENTS & SERVICES
• It is a tradition to honor Mary, the Mother of Jesus, during the month of May. Campus Ministry invites everyone to a prayer service in honor of our Blessed Mother on Tuesday, May 1, at 3:00 p.m. at the Garden Shrine in front of Barry Hall.
• All graduating seniors are welcome to attend the Annual Seniors Commissioning Mass on Sunday, May 6, at 9:00 p.m., in De La Salle Chapel at Stritch Hall. This will be a wonderful opportunity to come together to ask for God's special blessings.
CBU AVIATION TRAINING CAMP
The CBU School of Engineering will host a three-day Aviation Training Camp this summer. The camp will be available in two sessions, June 4-6 and June 8-10. The camp for students in grades 9-12 will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day in Nolan 241. The flight camp is designed and taught to challenge students. Young aspiring aviators will be introduced to new, exciting topics daily. The instructor is Jan Sawyer, a flight instructor, aviation historian, and FAA certified teacher who runs a program called Kidsfly! in Germantown. Cost is $300, which includes lunch and supplies. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the web at www.cbu.edu/engineering/aviation_camp.html.
FALL PLAY ANNOUNCED: RUMORS
Neil Simon's Rumors will be produced October 5-7 in the Christian Brothers University Theatre. Audition dates will be announced in August to fill 10 roles. In addition, sign-up information will be available for those interested in being a part of the crew. Course credit will be offered up to 3 credit hours for those interested in signing up for the theatre production workshop class, which will be in conjunction with the fall play. Rumors, a hilarious comedy by Neil Simon, is about four couples visiting the townhouse of a deputy New York City mayor and his wife to celebrate their tenth wedding anniversary. The New York socialites get more than they bargained for when they find the host of their party has been shot. And the help is missing. The setting soon becomes a frenzy as other guests arrive and nobody can remember who has been told what about whom.
ART EXHIBITIONs: MURRAY RISS, MARJORIE LIEBMAN
An exhibition of "Painted Portraits" by photographer Murray Riss will be on display through May 12 in the Beverly & Sam Ross Gallery (lower level of Plough Library). "Once Again," an exhibition of paintings by the late Marjorie Liebman will open with a public reception hosted by Charles Wurtzburger and Family on May 18, 5:30-7:30 p.m. More on Marjorie Liebman>>
*SUMMER SCHEDULE FOR CBU CONNECTION
The CBU Connection will appear monthly during the summer. It will be emailed and published online on June 18 and July 16. The Connection will return to its regular weekly schedule on August 20.
STUDENT ORGANIZATION NEWS
Above: The Mu Epsilon chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority congratulates its 2007 Greek Award Winners: Kimberly Neal, Greek Woman of the Year and Order of Omega Honor Society, and Sheryl Edwards, Outstanding Advisor of the Year.
Plough Library will be open the following hours through the rest of May:
• Mondays-Fridays: 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
• Saturdays: CLOSED
• Sundays: CLOSED
EXCEPTION: The library will be closed on Memorial Day (Monday, May 28).
The Library will be open the following hours through the remainder of the summer (June 2-August 11):
• Mondays-Thursdays: 8:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
• Fridays: 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
• Saturdays: CLOSED
• Sundays: 2:00-6:00 p.m.
EXCEPTION: The library will be closed on Independence Day (Wednesday, July 4).
STUDENT HOUSING INFO
• Attention Residents: All non-graduating students must move out of the Residence Halls by May 8 at 1:00 p.m. Graduating seniors must move out of the Residence Halls by May 12 at 1:00 p.m. Have a great summer!
• Attention Commuters: It is not too late to sign up for a residence hall room for the 2007-08 school year. Stop by the Office of Student Life for details.
NEW @ YOUR LIBRARY
• Wiley InterScience is an online journal service from John Wiley and Sons. Search all content at once or browse journals by topic area: Business, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth and Environmental Science, Education, Engineering, Law, Life Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics, Medicine and Healthcare, Physics and Astronomy, Polymers and Materials Science, Psychology, and Social Sciences. The full database is available for searching and retrieving abstracts and citations. CBU users have full-text electronic access to 219 journal titles through a partnership with TENN-SHARE. View the title list (Excel file). Ask a Librarian for those articles that do not display full text.