HEALTH FAIR & CLUB FAIR
| STUDENT ORGANIZATION NEWS & EVENTS
• Everyone is invited to attend a "Ultimate Frisbee Night" this Tuesday, September 11, 7:00-8:00 p.m. on Nolan Field. followed by a movie at 8:00 p.m. in Rozier Lounge. There will be refreshments and lots of fun! This is the kick-off for Lasallian Collegians, who are dedicated to building a spirit of faith, community, and service on campus and throughout Memphis.
• Delta Sigma Pi, the Professional Business Fraternity, is open to all business majors with a minimum 2.5 GPA. If you are interested in joining Delta Sigma Pi during its centennial year, you are invited to attend our fall recruitment events:
Club Fair Booth, September 11, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.; Meet the Chapter Informational Session in Montesi, September 11, 5:15 p.m. (food provided); Free Putt-Putt Mini Golf with the Chapter, September 14, 6:30 p.m. (meet in the foyer of Buckman Hall); Meet the Chapter Informational Session in Montesi, September 18, 12:30 p.m. (refreshments provided); Behind the Scenes Tour at Cargill Cotton in Cordova, September 20, 3:30 p.m. (meet in the foyer of Buckman Hall). For more information please contact the president, Burton Bridges, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at stu.cbu.edu/Clubs/dsp.
• The ladies of Zeta Tau Alpha would like to thank the student body and the CBU Greek family for their attendance at Mr. CBU on Saturday night. The grand total raised was well over $4,000, which will benefit the Zeta Foundation in conjunction with the Susan B. Komen Foundation. Zeta would also like to thank all of the "ladies" who participated, with a special congratulations to Cinderella, Grey Dziuba, our 2007 Mr. CBU. If you did not get a t-shirt at the show, they will be on sale in the cafeteria all week for $10.
STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION
• The SGA would like to thank Sarah McDaniel for all of her hard work and everything she has done for the University these last few years.
• MARK YOUR CALENDARS for these upcoming SGA events: Student Appreciation Day on September 26 and Fall Fling on
September 28. More information to come!
FALL CONCERT SERIES
$5.00 admission to CBU concerts; FREE to CBU students, faculty, and staff with valid ID.
• Friday, September 28: "An Evening of Recital" featuring the students of Tommy Gaines. An evening of vocal selections including art songs, arias and sacred songs; 7:30 p.m.; Spain Auditorium
• Tuesday, October 23: "Faculty Recital by Tommy Gaines, Baritone." A program of art songs, operatic arias, sacred and popular songs. Mr. Gaines has sung professionally with several opera companies, has appeared as a frequent soloist in numerous oratorios, concerts and recital venues. A winner of the Encouragement Award at the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions, Gaines was also the winner of the Beethoven Club of Memphis' Young Artist Competition. 7:30 p.m.; CBU Theatre
• Friday November 16: "Duet and Ensemble Recital" given by students of Tommy Gaines, assistant professor of music. A delightful evening of duet, trio and small ensemble selections ranging from classics and opera to Broadway show tunes; 7:30 p.m.; Spain Auditorium
• Friday November 30: "This is Christmas" presented by the CB Singers. CBU's premier singing group will be singing sacred and popular Christmas songs arranged by Bob Krogstad, one of today's most popular arrangers. Come and start your Holiday season off with these fantastic stylings; 7:30 p.m.; CBU Theatre
Neil Simon's Rumors will be produced by the Encore Drama Club on October 5-7 in the University Theater. Show times are Friday, October 5, at 8:00 p.m.; Saturday, October 6, at 8:00 p.m.; and Sunday, October 7, at 2:00 p.m. Tickets are $5 for general admission and $2 for ANY college student or faculty member with valid ID. Tickets will be sold at the door, no reserved seating. Advance ticket sales will be provided on campus through members of the Encore Drama Club. For additional information, please email email@example.com.
An exhibition by the Mid-South Woodturners Guild entitled "Beneath the Bark" will be on display through October 4 in the Beverly & Sam Ross Gallery (lower level of Plough Library). The Mid-South Woodturners Guild is a local chapter of the American Association of Woodturners, an organization dedicated to the advancement of the woodturning craft. More>>
• "Faces of the Faithful," an exhibition of photography excerpted from a 2001 photo-documentary on Elvis fans by Judy Wimmer and Dr. Teri Mason (Behavioral Sciences), is on display in the Plough Library through September 21.
SEEKING GOLFERS FOR GOOD TIME & SCHO LARSHIPS
The 19th Annual Brother Mark Sullivan Golf Tournament benefiting the CBU Student-Athlete Scholarship Fund will be held Friday, October 5, on The Links at Galloway. This is a 4-person scramble format with a 1:30 p.m. tee time. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. with lunch provided. We are looking for golfers ($100 per golfer) and also sponsors for tees or greens ($150 each). For more information go to www.gobucsgo.com or contact athletic development director Kyle Bone at 321-4496 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year's Twilight Retreats, focusing on "Five Steps to a Fuller Life," will be held in Spain Auditorium on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. Dates are September 25, October 30, November 20, December 18, January 22, February 26, and March 25. For more information, visit www.hisway.com or www.immersedinchrist.org.
LEAD LIKE JESUS - VIA SATELLITE
Christian Brothers University will be hosting the seminar, “Lead Like Jesus Now: The Leadership Revolution,” on Friday, October 19, in the University Theater. Developed by Ken Blanchard, co-author of The One Minute Manager and co-founder of Lead Like Jesus, it is dedicated to inspiring and equipping people to adopt the servant-leadership model of Jesus Christ. This broadcast seminar is being sponsored by the CBU Center for Ethical Leadership and will be broadcast by CCN, which provides more than 150 satellite events every year with leadership training, special events, and outreach opportunities to churches throughout North America. Cost is $35 which includes lunch. For more information, call 321-3114.
CAMPUS MINISTRY FALL 2007
These worship opportunities will begin on Monday, August 27. Everyone is cordially invited to attend any or all. May God continue to live in our hearts!
• Daily Mass: Monday-Friday, 5:00 p.m., De La Salle Chapel
• Sunday Mass: Sunday, 11:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. (student-led), De La Salle Chapel
• Bible Reflection: Monday, 5:00 p.m., St. Joseph Chapel
• Communion: Tuesday, 12:22 p.m., St. Joseph Chapel
• Bible Study: Wednesday, 7:00-8:00 p.m., Stritch Lounge
• Adoration: Wednesday, 8:00-9:00 p.m., St. Joseph Chapel
• Noontime Prayer: Thursday, 12:22 p.m., St. Joseph Chapel
• Rosary: Monday, Wednesday, Friday; noon, St. Joseph Chapel
Submit your news to the CBU Connection.
Please include time, date, and location for events. Deadline for Monday's edition is Friday at 3:00 p.m.