As a member of the CBU Alumni Association, you have access to all Alumni Relations and Career Center resources.
Life After College course for Juniors & Seniors
CBU will once again be offering an 8-week course on "Life After College" this spring. The 75-minute, non-credit class will be offered at two convenient times - Tuesdays at 12:40 p.m. or Thursdays at 5:00 p.m. - and will be taught by CBU alumni.
If you are interested in participating in this class, please consider these times when arranging your spring class schedule. You will only need to attend one of the classes each week. Below are the topics covered in the course. Each will give you the critical information you will need upon graduation:
- Pursuing a graduate education: TBD
- Finding a job: Megan Murdock, ‘05 (Client Development Manager; CBIZ MHM Thompson Dunavant)
- What to expect and how to succeed in your first 90 days: Burton Bridges, ‘09 (Specialist, Field Operations & Budget; ALSAC/St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital)
- Budgeting and creating a savings plan: Josh Shipley, ‘01 (Vice President, Commercial Lending; Independent Bank)
- How to tackle student loan debt: Michael Covington, ‘11 (Technical Counselor Financial Aid, Christian Brother University)
- Credit scores, credit cards, and credit reports: Anne Hotze, ‘01 (Senior Executive Assistant; First Horizon National Corporation)
- Housing: Brandon Kamm, ‘01 (Owner; Revid Realty)
- Remaining Lasallian after CBU: Maria Lensing, ’01 & ‘07 (Vice President, Signature Client Group; AT&T)
Gradspot.com's Guide to Life After College is the book that will complement the course. After you have completed your registration, you may pick up your copy of the book in the Office of Advancement, located in Barry Hall 101.
Register for the class TODAY!
Are you a Business Owner?
Email us at email@example.com to have your business added to the Buc Business Directory, a compilation of all alumni-owned businesses. In your note, be sure to include the following:
- Company name
- Company logo
- Your name/position
- Company Website
- 3-4 sentences about your company
Interested in mentoring a current student?
Having the guidance of a seasoned professional in a given field can be invaluable to college students and their success in the workplace. To that end, the CBU Career Center and the Alumni Office work closely together to provide a mentoring program for our students. All majors and class levels are invited to participate in the program. Students are able to work closely with CBU graduates who have been successful in their chosen career fields. Mentors work with students in a variety of ways, including shadow opportunities, offering career advice, and detailing job search strategies specific to that career field.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the mentor program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Upcoming Networking Opportunities