If you’re an adult learner looking for colleges with psychology programs, contact Christian Brothers University.
The degree combines a Behavioral Sciences curriculum with a concentration in one of three applied disciplines:
Designed to provide a broad understanding of the criminal justice system and a fundamental knowledge of the social and behavioral sciences, this Applied Psychology degree program focuses on topics such as criminology, law enforcement, corrections, public administration, juvenile justice and counseling.
The field of Organizational Psychology is designed to apply the principles and science of psychology to effective human resources development and management. Organizational Psychologists focus on:
- Training companies in conducting business in the most efficient, productive and positive manner
- Establishing best practices in motivations and supervision
- Employee selection and development, legal considerations, evaluation and organizational development
This degree in Psychology concentration is designed for those who are interested in studying how our thoughts, beliefs, feelings and perceptions influence how people buy and relate to goods and services. Professionals in this field look at things like the decision making-process, social persuasion and motivation to help understand why shoppers buy some things but not others. Consumer Behavior professionals:
- Provide information to companies and consumers on what the public needs or wants
- Help non-profit and for-profit organizations effectively develop and market products, services, or ideas
- Guide the work of government agencies that are responsible for product safety, identity of brand names, evaluation of advertising claims, and assessment of ethical marketing practices