To enroll at Christian Brothers University, please complete the steps outlined below. If you have any questions about the admissions process or the benefits that are available to you at CBU, please do not hesitate to contact the CBU Office of Veteran Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (901) 321-4455!
Please study the following steps carefully in order to ensure your application to CBU. If at any point you feel any confusion or are uncertain about any aspect of the application process, please get in touch!
- Determine your eligibility for the Yellow Ribbon Program
- If you are eligible, apply for education benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
- Apply for admission to the program of your choice. You can confirm that the program is a VA-approved program by visiting the Department of Veterans Affairs website.
- Take time to make an informed decision concerning your choice of Post-9/11 GI Bill. It is our understanding that there is typically more than one educational benefit choice for individuals who are serving/have served in the military. It is also the current admissions process that once selected, benefit choices are irrevocable.
- Complete the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA). CBU's school code is 003482.
- Fill out the CBU Veterans Request for Enrollment, attach your DD 214, Certificate of Eligibility (CEO) and, if applicable, your Change of Place of Training Form if you are transferring your benefits from another school (22-1995 veterans, 22-5495 dependents). CBU processes the Veterans Request for Enrollment forms on a first-come, first-served basis. You may scan and email, fax, or drop this form off with the Registrar Office Certifying Official, and you will be contacted, normally within two business days, to confirm receipt of the form.
- Sign up for orientation and meet with an academic advisor to register for your classes.
After you have been accepted, CBU commits to:
- Provide tuition assistance to veterans beyond what they are provided from their base GI Bill rate of compensation. The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) will match CBU’s contribution dollar-for-dollar up to 50% of the difference between the student’s tuition and fees benefit and the total cost of tuition and fees.
- Enable Yellow Ribbon Program-qualified veterans to receive additional benefits. Summer Undergraduate classes will not be eligible for Yellow Ribbon Benefits.
Yellow Ribbon qualified students will receive:
- CBU net tuition up to a VA limit of $17,500.00 per academic year applied with the remainder split 50/50 by CBU and the Department of Veteran Affairs match per student from CBU, not to exceed their cost of tuition and fees. YR students will have any institutional monies already offered replaced with YR monies, not to exceed Tuition and Fees.
- Including GI Bill base assistance, admitted YRP-qualified undergraduate veterans will attend CBU free of tuition and designated fees.
To receive benefits:
- Enrolled CBU students who qualify for the Yellow Ribbon Program will be eligible to participate.
- Students eligible will be admitted to the University through the usual admissions process.
- Yellow Ribbon qualified students will need to complete a CBU Veterans Request for Enrollment.
After you have been accepted:
- Once accepted, you must complete the CBU Veterans Request for Enrollment form and submit confirmation of your eligibility for the Yellow Ribbon Program to the CBU Registrar Office Certifying Official every semester prior to the beginning of the student's academic coursework. Failure to timely submit this confirmation may result in your removal from the Yellow Ribbon Program participation list.
- If you are using Chapters 30, 1606, 1607 you need to verify attendance every month, which can be done by phone at (877) 823-2378 or online.
- If you are on Active Duty when you apply for the Post-9/11 GI Bill, please make sure to mail/fax the VA a copy of your DD214 when you separate from the military.