AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Army soldiers saluting

Apply Now

If you are unsure whether you qualify for educational benefits, please contact your local Veterans Affairs office or visit the Department of Veteran Affairs website for participant requirements. Veterans who do not qualify for the Yellow Ribbon Program may qualify for other educational assistance under the GI Bill. The Department of Veterans Affairs (1-888-442-4551) can help you determine your benefits.

To Apply:

Please study the following steps carefully in order to ensure your application to CBU is processed.

  1. Determine your eligibility by visiting the Department of Veteran Affairs website.
  2. If you are eligible, apply for education benefits at: (
  3. Apply for admission to the Christian Brothers University program of your choice. You can confirm that the program is a VA-approved program by visiting the Department of Veterans Affairs website.
  4. Take time to make an informed decision concerning your choice of Post-9/11 GI Bill. It is our understanding that there is typically more than one educational benefit choice for individuals who are serving/have served in the military. It is also the current admissions process that once selected, benefit choices are irrevocable.
  5. Complete the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA). CBU's school code is 003482.
  6. Fill out the CBU Veterans Worksheet and attach: • Your DD 214 • Certificate of Eligibility (CEO) • Change of Place of Training Form if you are transferring your benefits from another school (22-1995 veterans, 22-5495 dependents).
  7. Sign up for orientation and/or meet with an academic advisor to register for your classes after you have been formally accepted to the CBU.


Every term/semester, continuing students submit the following VA documents to Student Financial Assistance department prior to the beginning of your academic coursework. Failure to submit this confirmation may result in removal from your courses.

If you are using Chapters 30, 1606, 1607 you need to verify attendance every month, which can be done by phone at (877) 823-2378 or by visiting the Department of Veteran Affairs website.

If you are on Active Duty when you apply for the Post-9/11 GI Bill, please make sure to mail/fax the VA a copy of your DD214 when you separate from the military.