Being a Resident Assistant (RA) is one of the best student leadership positions available anywhere! If you are interested in taking an active role in life, you may want to consider applying to become a Resident Assistant (RA). RAs are assigned to oversee residents, programming, administrative work, and the ongoing development of the Residence Life program. RAs provide personal and individual assistance to students who have problems or questions about residence life and the general college experience. The Office of Residence Life looks for RA candidates who demonstrate a strong interest in people, are deeply involved in their CBU experience, and have a proven record of responsibility. If you are organized, hardworking, and want to contribute positively to your community, then the RA position is for you.
Are you interested in joining the ResLife Team as a Resident Assistant (RA) for the 2019-2020 academic year?!? If yes, complete our online application form below beginning Friday, November 9th at 8:00am.
2019-2020 Resident Assistant Application (Closes December 17): Click Here
RA Selection Process - How to Apply
The deadline for submitting the RA application is listed below under the apply section. You must complete the application and submit it by the specified deadline
1. Attend an Information Session
All students interested in applying for a Resident Assistant position must attend one of the offered information sessions being held. Detailed information regarding the application process will be distributed at these meetings. (Dates for these sessions are posted below)
- Information Session #1: Thursday, November 8, 2018 at 5:00pm in the LLC Classroom
- Information Session #2: Wednesday, November 14 2018 at 8:00pm in the LLC Classroom
- Information Session #3: Friday, November 16, 2018 at 12pm in the LLC Classroom
2. Read the RA Information
In order to fully understand the responsibilities associated with the RA position, we strongly encourage you to carefully read the Resident Assistant Job Description.
We also recommend that you talk with your RA to learn more about the position before applying.
Apply online here
- The application is due to the Office of Residence Life by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, December 17th
4. Acquire Two References
Each applicant must submit two online reference forms. These forms should be given to individuals who are familiar with you and can comment on your leadership abilities, work performance, etc. You will need to obtain a reference from a former or current supervisor, employer and an academic instructor, or coach are required components of the application process. Applicants are responsible for sending the link to reference person. The reference cannot be completed by students or current Resident Assistants.
The online reference forms are due by 5:00pm on Monday, December 17th, 2018.
5. Look for Information about the Interview Process (Tuesday, January 15h - Friday, January 18th)
Candidates will be notified by email if they have been selected to participate in the interview process. After you submit your application by email, you will be contacted by a member of the Resident Life Staff by email to schedule your interview. The interviews will be conducted in the Student Life Conference Room. You should dress appropriately for this interview as you would for any interview. After all interviews are held, the Director of Residence Life and other Residence Life Staff members will be given some time to make their decisions. You will be notified of the decisions as soon as they are made.
6. Individual Interviews –Individual interview will last roughly 30 minutes and will be conducted by three members of the Residence Life staff. Interviews will take place throughout the day from Monday, January 21st through Friday, January 25th.
7. Notification Letters – Offer letters notifying you of your status as a member of the 2019-2020 Residence Life staff will be sent out via e-mail to all applicants by Monday, February 4, 2019.
Deadline: Resident Assistant Applications are due in the Office of Student Life by Monday December 17, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
For more information about becoming a Resident Assistant, contact the Office of Residence Life at (901) 321-4102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit our office in the Office of Student Life from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Monday – Friday)