AddThis Social Bookmark Button


TOM COCHRAN, Controller
Phone: (901) 321-3381

LEWIS HARRIS, Associate Controller
Phone: (901) 321-3391

DONNA CRUTCHER, Student Account Supervisor
Phone: (901) 321-3894

MARGARET BALLARD, Payroll Administrator
Phone: (901) 321-3382

JUDY McCONNELL, Loan Administration & Asset Control
Phone: (901) 321-3384

LAURA HADDOCK, Accounts Payable Administrator
Phone: (901) 321-3383

Phone: (901) 321-3380

RUBY JOHNSON, Student Account Rep
Phone: (901) 321-3380

For questions or problems regarding your account, you can also email us at Be sure to include your name, address and a day-time telephone number in case we need to contact you regarding your request.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Female students on the patio


Refunds are payments to the STUDENT for any amount received on your account that exceeds the cost of tuition & fees. Refunds are not processed until after Add/Drop period and after the 10 day verification period of each Semester. Notification of the first refund schedules will be emailed to your CBU email account.

All students should download and complete a Student Refund Request Form to receive their refund.

  1. eRefunds through Cashnet - Students can sign up for an eRefund through their Cashnet account. This ACH’s your refund into your bank account. Just push the eRefund tab and follow the instructions in Cashnet. eRefunds are processed on most Tuesdays, so that the funds will be in your account by that weekend.

  2. Refund Checks - Can currently be picked up or mailed. You must fill out a Student Refund Request and you will need to mark either Pick up or Mail. ALL STUDENTS PICKING UP CHECKS MUST HAVE A PICTURE ID, PREFERABLY YOUR CBU ID. Refund Requests that are received by Wednesday are processed for pick up or mail on that Friday after 12 noon. When Friday is a Holiday, you will need to check your emails for any changes in pick up dates.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Deferred Payment Plan

If you prefer it, we offer a Deferred Payment Plan each semester consisting of a downpayment and three installments. The minimum downpayment is 30% of the student's remaining balance which consists of the student's Tuition, Fees, Housing, and Meal plan minus any Scholarships, Grants or Loans. For your convenience, we have put together an example of a Deferred Payment Plan. If you have questions about the provided document or you need further details about your options, please contact the CBU Business Office at (901) 321-3380.

A Terms & Conditions Agreement (PDF) must be completed.

Federal Loan funds are downloaded electronically and posted directly to the student's account.  If the posting creates a credit balance on the student's account, the student may leave this amount in his/her account to assist with future balances or he/she may receive a refund of the amount.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Students sitting by a fountain

Withdrawal Policies

All requests for course withdrawals, both complete and partial, must be submitted to the
Registrar's Office
 by the student. These requests can be made via the online withdrawal form through the Registrar's website.

Undergraduate  students will be expected to continue using the official form for necessary signatures, which can be obtained in the Registrar's Office Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.

The necessary information needed is Name, Social Security Number, Phone Number during the Day, whether receiving Financial Assistance, Name of Class (s), Name of Instructor (s), Date of Last Attendance, Name of Advisor, whether an athlete or not, and whether an international student or not. The date of the online form will count as the official date of notification for processing the withdrawal. The instructor will be contacted for the date that you last attended classes, but the official notification date for processing the withdrawal will be the date of notification. This is the date that will be used by all offices for processing the withdrawal and any refunds.

Tuition Adjustment Policy for Withdrawal from Class

The tuition adjustment percentage for complete withdrawal from CBU is calculated by dividing the number of days completed in the semester, as of the date of official withdrawal, by the number of days in the semester exclusive of breaks of five or more days. No adjustment will be made if the student has completed more than sixty percent (60%) of the semester.

There will be no adjustment calculation unless the student completely withdraws from all registered classes.
Advance deposits are non-refundable (includes Application Fee and Tuition Deposit).

Tuition Adjustments will be made according to the following schedule for Day Undergraduate and/or MEM, MSEM, MACS Graduate students:*

Official Notification Date During: Percentage of Tuition
Drop/Add Period 100%
First 25% of Semester 50%
26-60% of Semester 25%
Over 60% of Semester No Adjustment

Tuition Adjustments will be made according to the following schedule for Professional Undergraduate and/or MBA, MEd, MAT, MSEL, or MAEL Graduate students (First 8-week term only; check the CBU Academic Catalog for other term schedules):*

Official Notification Date During: Percentage of Tuition
Drop/Add Period of 1st 8-wk. Term 100%
First 25% of 1st 8-wk. Term 50%
26-60% of 1st 8-wk. Term 25%
Over 60% of 1st 8-wk. Term No Adjustment

Adjustments will be applied in the following order:

  1. Institutional Scholarships and Grants
  2. CBU Loans
  3. Student Payments
  4. Outside Scholarships
  5. Alternative Loans
  6. State Grants
  7. Lottery Scholarships

* There is an administrative fee retained by CBU for all complete withdrawals. It is the lesser of (a) $100.00 or (b) 5% of Institutitional Charges.

Return of Federal Title IV Funds

If a student completely withdraws from CBU, the unearned amount of Federal Financial funds must be returned to the appropriate Federal Financial Assistance programs.

The unearned amount of the Federal Financial Assistance is calculated by dividing the number of days completed in the term, as of the date of official withdrawal, by the number of days in the term, exclusive of breaks of five or more days. No refund is required if the student has completed more than sixty percent (60%) of the term. All unofficial withdrawals will be calculated at fifty percent (50%).

The United States Department of Education requires the following order to the Federal Assistance programs:

  • Unsubsidized Stafford Loans
  • Subsidized Stafford Loans
  • Federal Perkins Loans
  • Federal Plus Loans
  • Federal Pell Grants
  • Federal SEOG
  • Federal ACT and SMART Grants
  • Other Federal Financial Assistance programs.

Examples of the refund calculations for the Federal Financial Assistance are available in the Business Office during normal working hours. The requirements to refund Federal Financial Assistance may result in a balance due to CBU.

back to top

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Arches with flowers

Settling of Accounts

Unless students have signed up for the semester payment plan, payment, all tuition and fees for all students, will be required before the first day of classes each semester or evening term. Visa, Mastercard, and Discover are accepted for payment up to the approved limit for charges to these accounts. All students are encouraged to use the online method for Settling of Accounts and making payments.

Late Registration Fee

Undergraduate and Professional students who have not settled their financial accounts before the published drop date, will have their schedules dropped by the Registrar. Upon re-registering for classes, there will be a $250.00 late registration. Students who wait until the first week of class to register for class for a semester or term, will also be charged the $250.00 Late Registration Fee. If you have any questions concerning your student account, contact us via email at

Application & Enrollment Fees

A non-refundable application fee of $25.00 must accompany the application for admission. Upon notification of acceptance, day applicants must submit an enrollment fee of $300.00. This will insure a place in the university and be credited against your first semester charges. Current residence hall students are also required to make a $300.00 deposit in the spring to reserve a residence hall room for the following academic year. Students who enter at the second semester are subject to the same financial requirements listed herein.

Security Deposit

A security deposit (Refundable) of $150.00 is required of all resident students. This fee must be paid regardless of the scholarship or student aid arrangements with the University. The security deposit will be refunded at the end of the senior year or at the time of withdrawal from the University.

Contract Cancellation Fee

Fall housing contracts are for the full academic year (exception: students graduating in the Fall semester or student withdrawing completely from the University). A $300.00 contract cancellation fee will be assessed to a student cancelling a housing contract at any time and will be billed directly to the student’s account.A $500 breach of contract fee will be assessed for students who do not return to the residence halls for the Spring semester.

Refund Request for Room and Board

Room and board assignments will be made for the entire school year. CANCELLATION: Charges as specified below will be made in case of approved cancellation or disciplinary termination. Housing contract cancellations must be accomplished in writing and signed by the student applicant and must be approved by the VP/Student Life.

Contract cancellations will only be granted by the Vice President under the following conditions:

  1. withdrawal from the University
  2. a verifiable unanticipated drastic change in the student’s financial status
  3. an emergency situation. Students moving out of a residence hall during the semester must obtain approval from the VP/Student Life.

If approval is granted by the Vice President, refunds will be made according to the following schedule:

  1. Prior to the opening of the residence halls (Fall/Spring/Summer) when a contract cancellation is received in writing and approved by the VP/Student Life prior to the day the residence halls open for the session, room and board payments will be refunded less the contract cancellation fee of $300.00.
  2. After the residence halls open (Fall/Spring/Summer), refunds for room and board must be approved by the VP/Student Life. Refunds will be prorated as a percentage of how long they lived in the dorm.

NO DIPLOMA, transcript of credit, or information concerning academic or disciplinary record is given until the student’s account has been settled. Students with accounts in arrears may be excluded from final examinations, graduation ceremonies, issuance of academic documents and records and readmission to future academic programs until the accounts in arrears are paid in full. There is a one percent monthly interest charge on all balances on student accounts.

back to top

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Federal Education Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)

Protect our students... Protect ourselves...

Maintaining confidentiality of student records is everyone′s responsibility whether you are faculty, staff or student. WHY?

  • Because it′s the right thing to do
  • Because the Federal Government requires us to do so

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, is a Federal law which states (a) that a written institutional policy must be established and (b) that a statement of adopted procedures covering the privacy rights of students be made available. The law provides that the institution will maintain the confidentiality of student education records. Educational records include student financial account information.

Christian Brothers University accords all the rights under the law to enrolled students. No one outside the institution shall have access to nor will the institution disclose, any information from students′ education records without the written consent of students except to personnel within the institution, to officials of other institutions in which students seek to enroll, to persons or organizations providing students financial aid, to agencies carrying out their accreditation function, to persons in compliance with a judicial order, and to persons in an emergency in order to protect the health or safety of students or other persons. All these exceptions are permitted under the Act. Only those members of the College community, individually or collectively, acting in the students′ educational interest are allowed access to student education records. These members include personnel (including student workers) and the professional staff of the office of Student Development and Academic Services, Financial Aid, Institutional Research, and College officials with a legitimate educational interest as determined by the Registrar.

More details can be found here.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Engraved entrance at Barry Hall

Online Payments

Christian Brothers University accepts Mastercard, Visa and Discover Credit Cards. We now accept ACH Check payments as well. If you are a student, you can pay by Credit Card or eCheck via your CashNet account by selecting Entrance to CASHNet under Student Accounts in Banner Web.

Settling of Accounts:

  1. Make the required payment through CashNet
  2. Sign/Accept the Terms & Conditions AgreementThis is required of all students.

In compliance with the FERPA Act, only students are authorized to access their student account. A student may authorize another individual such as a parent or guardian to view Ebills and make payments online through CashNet.

If you are a family member/guardian or someone else wanting to pay for a student, make sure the student has logged into his/her CashNet account through bannerweb and designated you as an Authorized Payer. Once the student has completed this process, you can view the student's bills and make payments at using the username and password provided to you by the student.

To get started as a student:

  1. Go to Banner Web.
  2. Enter your CBU User ID Number and PIN
  3. Click on Student Services
  4. Click on Day or Graduate & Professional Studies Settling of Accounts
  5. Click the "Entrance to CASHNet" link to make payments, view bills, sign up authorized payers, etc.
  6. Return online to sign/accept the Terms and Conditions Agreement site in BannerWeb

back to top

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Barry Hall and de La Salle Statue


The Business Office offers a full range of services for students, faculty, and staff including but not limited to:

  • Settling of Financial Accounts
  • Refunds
  • Deferred Payments
  • University Payroll
  • University Accounting

The Business Office is located in Barry Hall, Room 11 (lower level)

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm


CBU has gone to online billing through CASHNet. E-Bills are available online for viewing or printing in the Student's CASHNet Account. Emails are sent to Students and authorized payers each time a new E-Bill has been processed. In order for parents or any other authorized payers to have access to this information, the student will have to set them up with password and pin through CASHNet. For more details, please take a look at the Online Payments section of this site. To access CASHNet, go to the Student Account secion of BannerWeb.