Each year, Career Services offers employers the opportunity to come to campus to participate in our Career & Internship Expo events. Most events are open to all employers who are seeking to fill part-time, full-time, internship or co-op positions at their organizations, across all of CBU's academic majors. Other recruitment events will focus on particular academic majors, or particular types of employment. Events are typically held in late September (Fall Semester) and mid-to-late February (Spring Semester).
Employers, sign in to your CBU CareerLinX account to view all currently scheduled career expo events, and to register as a participating employer. If you don’t already have CBU CareerLinX account, you can register for one here. This account will allow you to post career opportunities, review resumes, schedule information sessions, as well as register for on-campus events.
Expo 101: Preparation Tips For Students:
- Be prepared! Bring plenty of resumes on high-quality, bond paper.
- Dress appropriately! Wear a good interviewing suit.
- Know yourself! Be prepared to field certain questions from employers. (Need a sample list?)
- Express interest! Be prepared to ask questions about the company and the job. (Need a sample list?)
- Follow Up! Like any interview, be sure to send thank-you notes, and/or follow up with requested information, applications, etc. to the recruiter as soon as possible.
- Got questions? Stop by the office or send us an email…we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have about the event. Or, check out our Job Fair Preparation packet.