The 2017 Commencement Exercises will be held on Saturday, May 13, 2017 on campus at Signaigo Field, beginning promptly at 10:00 a.m. All students should report to Canale Arena by 8:30 a.m. and guests should report to Signaigo Field no later than 9:30 a.m.
TO PREPARE FOR COMMENCEMENT 2017
- File Your Intent to Graduate: You must complete an “Intent to Graduate” application, which is now located inside of BannerWeb under “Student Services – Student Records – Apply to Graduate”. Degrees cannot be conferred without an “Intent to Graduate Application” and the appropriate approvals. Deadlines for submitting your “Intent to Graduate” application:
- September 15, 2016, if completing during Fall 2016
- December 1, 2016, if completing during Spring 2017 or Summer 2017
- Have Questions about the new Intent to Graduate Form or general questions about degree completion, please review this aid prepared by the Office of the Registrar.
- Complete the Graduate Information Form: If you plan to participate—or are unsure at this time—in the commencement ceremony, you must complete the Graduate Information Form . It serves as your official regalia rental order form and RSVP for certain commencement-related events.
- Complete All Post-Graduate Surveys Prior to the Graduation Fair: After spring break, please check your CBU e-mail for two e-mailed surveys—one from Curt Rogers in Career Services, the other from Melissa Andrews. BOTH of these surveys must be completed prior to attending the Graduation Fair. Upon completing the surveys, you will receive a confirmation. You are encouraged to take screenshots as proof the surveys were completed.
- Attend the Graduation Fair: If you plan to participate in the commencement ceremony, you must attend the Graduation Fair. If you’ve completed both surveys above, you will receive your generic announcements and inclement weather tickets. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to sit for a cap and gown photo; order a class ring; speak with representatives from campus offices; and more.
Graduation Fair | Tuesday, March 28 | Sabbatini Lounge (Thomas Center) |12:00 p.m. - 1:30pm OR 4:30p.m. - 6:00p.m.
- The University uses CBU e-mail addresses only to send all official notifications regarding commencement. If you do not check CBU e-mail frequently, please go into the settings of your CBU account and automatically set your e-mails to forward to your personal account. CBU will not be able to send any notifications regarding commencement to personal e-mail addresses.
- Remember to make all of your account payments; take care of any library obligations; and complete all neccessary exit interviews with the Business Office and/or Student Financial Aid prior to the end of the semester. These exit interviews can be done on-line. No transcripts/diplomas can be sent until all debts and obligations to the University are settled. Holds will be placed on your account. Diplomas will be mailed 2 to 4 weeks after the official graduation date. Your diploma will be mailed to the address given to us on the Intent to Graduate Application. If you change your address before graduation, please contact the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. If your address changes after the diplomas are mailed, then you will have to pay $30.00 to get a replacement copy.
GRADUATION FAIR: FOR ALL CANDIDATES WALKING IN MAY 2017 CEREMONY
Tuesday, March 28 | 12:00 p.m. - 1:30pm OR 4:30p.m. - 6:00p.m. | Sabbatini Lounge (Thomas Center)
Candidates will receive pertinent ceremony details; inclement weather tickets; information from the Offices of the Registrar, Alumni, Career Services, and more. In addition, students will receive more details regarding the CBUnited Alumni Event; the chance to take a photo in regalia; or the opportunity to purchase a class ring.
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION WELCOME EVENT
Monday, May 1 | 4:00 p.m. - 7:00p.m. | Bland Softball Field
All graduates in the Class of 2017 are invited to join the CBU Alumni Association for a Happy Hour at Bland Field for food, music beer, and the Senior/Alumni Sloshball Tournament.
GRADUATION REGALIA PICK-UP
Wednesday, May 10 | 11:00 a.m. - 8:00pm | Sabbatini Lounge (Thomas Center)
Graduates participating in the ceremony will have the opportunity to pickup their regalia.
ALUMNI LEGACY DINNER
Thursday, May 11 | 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. | Canale Arena
Invitations will be issued to legacy students and their parents to join us for a relaxing dinner.Please RSVP by May 6 to email@example.com or (901) 321-3270. For more information, please click here.
PRESIDENTIAL STUDENT RECOGNITION
Friday, May 12 | Breakfast at 9:00 a.m, Ceremony at 10:15 a.m. | University Theater
By invitation only, the Presidential Student Recognition recognizes undergraduates who have excelled in the classroom, athletically, and across campus. Parents and CBU faculty/staff are invited to attend.
PRESIDENTIAL STUDENT RECOGNITION: NURSING CLASS OF 2016-2017
Friday, May 12 | Breakfast at 11:00 a.m, Ceremony at 12:00 p.m. | University Theater
By invitation only, this Presidential Recognition recognizes those students who have completed their degree requirements from the Nursing department during the 2016-2017 academic year. Parents and CBU faculty/staff are invited to attend.
Friday, May 12 | 7:00 p.m. | Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception (1725 Central Ave, Memphis, TN 38104)
Students should plan to meet at the Cathedral by 6:30 p.m. (Undergraduates: Wear Regalia only, Graduate students: Regalia and Hood. Please do not bring your cap.) A reception for graduates and guests will be held following the Baccalaureate Service in Marion Hall. Families will have the chance to take photos with their graduates.
See Map & Directions
2017 COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES
Saturday, May 13 | 10:00 a.m. | Signaigo Field*
The ceremony begins promptly at 10:00 a.m. Reception to follow in the Canale Arena and Boshwit Courtyard. Graduates should plan to arrive at Canale Arena by 8:30 a.m. Gates for the general public open at 9:00 a.m. Assisted transportation for the elderly and handicapped will end at 9:50 a.m.
Candidates for graduation, their parents, family and friends should take precautions if the campus has experienced recent rain conditions by wearing appropriate footwear and having umbrellas handy.
Live stream of the Commencement Ceremony will be hosted HERE.
2017 Commencement Parking Map
*Inclement Weather Time & Location:
Our team is monitoring the weather, and IF weather conditions worsen and prevent an outdoor ceremony, we will post an announcement here, and an email and text message will be sent to the entire CBU family. This announcement would come no later than 6:30 a.m. on Saturday morning. If no announcement is made please consider that the ceremony will be held outside as scheduled.
Chair, Commencement Committee
Student Life Office | 650 East Parkway S | Memphis, TN 38104