Follow these steps (in this order) to ensure your semester
starts out right… and all your dreams come true.
A. Finalize Your Course Schedule:
1. Make sure you are enrolled in the correct classes and number of hours (this includes any Internship or Independent Study courses) by logging into BannerWeb, and clicking Student Services > Registration > Student Detail Schedule. Most financial aid eligibility is based on your enrollment status. Classes are filling up quickly. Don’t miss out.
2. Don’t forget — permission to be forced into a class is granted by the chair (or program director) of the department offering the course. Contact information for department chairs and program directors is located on the CBU directory.
3. If you are not yet registered for your approved Internship or Independent Study, the paperwork must be completed NOW. Once the Registrar’s Office receives the completed paperwork from your school, you will be registered and notified via email. Contact Career Services regarding Internships and for Independent Studies go to the CBU Homepage, select ‘Academics” and choose your program for contact information.
B. Verify Campus Housing:
1. If you are planning to live on campus, do you see a housing and meal charge on your account?
All students planning to live on campus for the given term should have a Capstone, Rozier, Maurelian, Living Learning Center, Stritch, or Avery charge on your account. These are per semester charges with a meal plan included. To check your housing and meal charges, log into BannerWeb and select Student Services > Student Accounts > Account Detail by Term.
2. What do I do if I plan to live on campus and do NOT see a housing charge on my bill?
Please contact the Office of Student Life immediately by emailing email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t get a response within 24 hours, please call (901) 321-3531 between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. daily. Alton Wade or Wilson Phillips will be able to assist you with your request.
3. What do I do if I need to change my room assignment?
Please contact the Office of Student Life immediately by emailing email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org. Room change requests MUST be completed via email. We are unable to guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your request; however, the Office of Residence Life makes every attempt to meet the needs of our students.
4. What do I do if I need to change my meal plan?
Residents in the Capstone Apartments have the choice of an All-Access or 100-block plan. All-Access comes with unlimited swipes in Alfonso Dining Hall and $50 BUC dollars to be spent in the BUC Grille or Canale Café. The 100-block plan features 100 meal swipes in Alfonso Dining Hall during a given semester and $200 BUC dollars to be used in the Grille or Café. Residents in Maurelian, Rozier, the Living Learning Center, and Stritch are assigned to the All Access Plan.
Please email Wilson Phillips at email@example.com if you wish to make a change to your meal plan.
C. Complete Financial Aid Processes:
1. Make sure you do not have any outstanding tracking requirements with the Financial Assistance Office. To do this, log into your BannerWeb account, select Financial Aid > My Requirements > 2014-2015 Award Year and follow the instructions under Source Term Instructions for each item listed.
2. Review your awards and accept or decline any awards that are in the ‘Offered’ status. To do this, log into your BannerWeb account, select Financial Aid > My Award Information > 2014-2015 Award Year. You will then see a series of tabs. You must first select the Terms and Conditions tab before the Accept Award Offer tab can instantly become activated. Once the Accept Award Offer tab becomes activated you may select it to review your awards. Please Note: All financial awards are based on full time status and changing your enrollment status may impact your award amounts.
D. Settle Your Account:
(If you do not settle, you may have to walk the plank)
If your account is not settled, your classes are subject to being dropped. There is a $250 Late Fee to be re-registered.
1. Accept your CBU Terms and Conditions and make the appropriate payment if necessary. To do this, log into BannerWeb and select Student Services > Student Accounts > Student Settle Account/Tuition Payment. From here you should see your Terms and Conditions. Push the Accept button.
2. Once accepted, you will see your estimated balance. From here you will be able to select the CashNet button to view your E-Bill and make the appropriate payment.
Please Note: Any changes made to any of these areas after settling your account may impact your account balance and payment schedule.
CBU Administrative Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.