Divine Voices Gospel Choir
The Divine Voices Gospel Choir seeks to bring inspiration to Christian Brothers University, one gospel song at a time.
Divine Voices was founded in 2013 by Kierra Turner and Devon Wade with the goal of praising God by making a joyful noise while ministering to our school and outside community through the art of singing Gospel music, upon request and through annual performances. The group has performed at events like CBU's Annual Christmas Dinner, the MLK Prayer Service, commencement, Welcome Back Weekend Mass, a Lady Bucs Softball Game, and DVGC's own fall and spring concerts.
Friendship, fellowship, leadership, worship
Founded on a superior level of musical performance and rooted in the Lasallian principles of Christian Brothers University, the Divine Voices Gospel Choir seeks to provide opportunities for learning and service through the discipline of singing. In an atmosphere which encourages continued personal and professional musical growth, high musical standards, and positive leadership qualities, The Divine Voices Gospel Choir continuously strives to be productive student leaders on campus and in surrounding communities.
For more information on DVGC, our full calender of events, and tickets, you can visit cbudivinevoices.org.
Some of the things you'll learn
- Breathe properly while exercising vocal control
- Vocal conditioning techniques
- A wide range of Gospel songs
How to join
- Complete the admissions process for Christian Brothers University
- Complete online or paper DVGC membership application
- Complete Part 1 and 2 DVGC questionnaire
- Upload a copy of your class schedule
- Send written notice of any other club affiliations or outside activities
- Sign up for choral auditions and camp