Teachers & Administrators
There are many ways to have your students participate in the Dual Enrollment Program. Please take a look at our Enrollment Methods page to find out what option is best for you and your students.
If you choose to have your syllabus approved and the course taught at your high school, you need to follow the instructions listed below. Failure to include all the requested information and paperwork may result in a delay.
- Step 1: Determine if you meet Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) qualifications to instruct at the college level. An instructor of a Dual Enrollment course must have a Master's degree and a minimum of 18 hours in the discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Step 2: Host an internal discussion with all relevant colleagues (department chairs, guidance counselors, curriculum directors, and other necessary administrators from your high school) to consider your school's interest in the Dual Enrollment program at CBU and your ability to meet Dual Enrollment guidelines and expectations.
- Step 3: Contact the Director of Dual Enrollment at CBU to discuss specific Dual Enrollment guidelines, curriculum and credentialing requirements, and course expectations. Request from the Dual Enrollment office a current syllabus used by CBU faculty for each course you choose to incorporate into your curriculum.
- Step 4: Review a CBU course syllabus for each course you choose, comparing it to the corresponding high school course. Model each of your courses to match the CBU course standards as listed in our syllabus. Format your course syllabus according to the CBU common course syllabus
- Step 5: Complete the adjunct faculty application packet. This can be picked up in the Dual Enrollment Office or by contacting the Director of Dual Enrollment at CBU. CBU will need the application, current C.V., data record form, all transcripts both undergraduate and graduate, course syllabus, and Early College Approval Form. It is recommended that test and evaluation processes and projects be submitted as well.
- Step 6: The Director of Dual Enrollment will confirm that all paperwork has been received. Then the paperwork will be forwarded to the department chair for approval. The Academic Dean will then approve the instructor, course, and syllabus with the final approval from the Academic Vice President.
The instructor will be notified if any changes to the syllabus are needed. Once a decision is reached, the high school will be notified of acceptance or denial into the program.