Fast Track Educational Leadership Program
Designed for individuals who already possess a Master's degree in education, the "Fast Track" Educational Leadership Program is an 18 credit hour, one-year program focused on preparation for formal school leadership roles – principal, assistant principal, supervisor, or facilitator – and for the Beginning Instructional Leadership License (BILL) in Tennessee. We encourage to take a look at the Fast Track Educational Leadership Program Course Checklist to get a better idea of whether this program is for you.
To be considered for application, all your application materials should be submitted by:
- Fall Entry - July 15
- Spring Entry - November 1
Cohorts are planned for each Fall and Spring but CBU reserves the right to defer entry based on applicant numbers.
- Complete the Fast Track Educational Leadership Program application form: Please DO NOT send application materials such as recommendation forms, essays, or transcripts without first having an application on file.
- $35 application fee.
- Three recommendation forms from two peers and one supervisor.
- Copies of an Apprentice or Professional Tennessee teaching license with at least three years teaching experience.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- If you are not employed by a TN public school district at this time, you must submit a background check.
- A confidential application portfolio which contains:
- Current resume.
- Copy of most recent performance appraisal.
- A current professional development plan.
- Evidence to demonstrate ability to improve student achievement and leadership in coaching others to raise student achievement.
- Evidence of in-depth knowledge of curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Evidence to demonstrate ability to develop collaborative, cooperative relationships with stakeholders.
- A personal statement of career goals and how the leadership program at CBU can assist you in reaching these goals.
- A Philosophy of Instructional Leadership.
- Autobiographical Sketch.
- Please do not submit portfolio in a notebook or in protective sheets. Plain sheets in a manila envelope is ideal.
- Applicants must also complete the Star Administrator Questionnaire - results must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An interview with the Graduate Education Committee.
All admissions materials should be sent to:
Graduate & Professional Studies
Christian Brothers University
650 East Parkway South, Box T-5
Memphis, TN 38104
For more information, contact the Coordinator of the Educational Leadership Program, Dr. Richard Potts at email@example.com or 901-321-3020.
back to top