AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.)
Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Education Program Licensure-Only

Available Licensures

CBU's Initial Teaching Licensure Programs (Master of Arts in Teaching & Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Education Program Licensure-Only) are designed to provide initial teaching licensure at one of the following levels:

Admissions requirements

The M.A.T. program admits only those individuals who wish to earn an initial teaching license and a graduate degree simultaneously. Candidates for initial teaching licensure face additional requirements because of licensure. Tennessee requires that all individuals seeking initial teaching licensure must provide evidence of a strong general education and mastery of a major in the arts or sciences earned at the undergraduate level. The current minimum GPA requirement is a 2.75 in your undergraduate studies. State and national standards for initial teaching licensure may mandate that an individual complete undergraduate deficiencies in either general education or a major area in the arts or sciences, in addition to required graduate credit hours. ADD: We must also have 2 official copies of transcripts from each college/university you have previously attended with one being for our university records and the other for the Tennessee Dept. Of Education for licensing purposes.

Licensure requirements

Licensure requirements include:

Completion of coursework for the degree must be complemented by successful completion of all licensure requirements before CBU recommends for the license.

Before you apply

Familiarize yourself with the following documents:

Application forms

For more information, contact the Director of the M.A.T. Program, Dr. Samantha Alperin, at or 901-321-3116.

back to top