Career Services provides several opportunities for employers to connect with our students and alumni throughout the year.
Handshake: Post Jobs & Internships
Handshake is our interactive recruitment system, allowing employers to post full-time, part-time, and internship opportunities online for students and alumni, free of charge. Go to the Handshake page, click the "Handshake For Employers" button, and sign in or register for an account.
Career & Internship Expo
Gain maximum exposure for your organization while identifying potential candidates for full-time, part-time, summer, and internship positions. The Career & Internship Expo is open to all CBU students and alumni, and is held in mid-February each year. Registration is available through your Handshake account.
Industry Specific Expos
Career Services hosts multiple industry specific expos on campus each academic year. Admission is free to all CBU students and alumni. Registration for each event is available through Handshake.
- Meet the Firms (August), for recruiters representing the accounting and finance industries
- Engineering Career Day (September), connects our Gadomski School of Engineering students to internships and full-time employment opportunities
- Reverse Career Fair for Visual Artists (March), allows our Visual Arts students and alumni to showcase their work to potential employers
Career Panel Programming
Career Services provides your organization the opportunity to speak to our students on a variety of career-related topics. Career Panel Discussions allow students to gain insight on various career fields, while Mock Interview Days, Resumes Reviews, Networking Programs and Career Development Seminars inform and educate students on critical career development topics, ensuring that CBU students are career-ready upon graduation. Contact us to learn more about these programs.
Career Services can arrange on-campus interviews for your organization. We work with you to arrange your schedule and provide you with a private interview room in which to interview candidates. We assist in targeting candidates that fit your recruiting needs and promote your visit through our weekly email newsletter and social media outlets. To schedule a campus interview date, complete the Campus Interview Arrangement Form.
Employer Information Sessions
Hosting an information session can be a highly effective component in your overall presence-building strategy as well as relationship building. Information sessions allow you to share information about your organization and the positions that you currently have available. They also help raise student awareness of your organization. Choose from two options: Pizza & Professionals (Thursdays at 12:30 pm) or Cupcakes & Careers (Wednesdays at 3:30 pm). We’ll supply the food to the students; you supply the information. To schedule an information session, please contact Curt Rogers.
An academic internship allows your organization to host a CBU student intern during an academic semester. Students earn credit that can be applied toward graduation. The internship must be related to one or more academic departments. Guidelines have been established to ensure that the program will be of academic as well as experiential value to the students. Contact Amy Ware or click here for more information.
"Careers in the Caf" Information Tables
Reserving an information table in the Alfonso Dining Hall puts your organization in front of students during their lunch break. Tables allow you to showcase organization materials and provide you with the opportunity to establish a presence on campus. Contact us to schedule a date.
Employer Advisory Board
Career Services is constantly striving to successfully connect students to employers and keep current with industry trends. The Employer Advisory Board meets twice a year to share important industry trends, provide insight into employer recruiting needs, and act as a sounding board for new and existing programs in Career Services. Board Members also participate in two career programming initiatives per year. If you are interested in serving on the board, please contact us.
Virtual Recruiting Opportunities
In the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic, Career Services is now offering employers the opportunity to reach students via virtual recruiting events, including the following. If you are interested in participating in any of these events, please contact us for more information:
- Career Coffee Breaks: These events are scheduled throughout the year, and present many of our traditional workshop topics in virtual form via our Webex platform; we invite industry professionals to speak on topics such as resume writing, interviewing, and job search strategies. We also discuss topics specific to virtual recruiting, including phone/video interviewing, virtual networking, utilizing LinkedIn, and more.
- Virtual Information Sessions: Complementing our in-person "Pizza & Professionals" and "Cupcakes & Careers" information sessions, companies can also schedule virtual information sessions during the school year. These sessions are used to inform students about your company, and about current job and internship opportunities that are available. Sessions are open to any students interested in learning more about your company.
- Zoom Into Careers: In partnership with other Memphis-area institutions (Rhodes College, University of Memphis, LeMoyne-Owen College), this single-day event allows employers to share company information and promote open positions to students and alumni via Zoom. Each employer session lasts approximately 25 minutes, and registration is free. The next Zoom Into Careers session is currently scheduled for Thursday, June 18th. Please contact us for more details.
Follow Career Services on Social Media: