Do NOT submit these forms unless requested in Banner Self-Service
2014-2015 Verification Forms
Description: Each year the federal government requires schools participating in the distribution of financial aid to verify the consistency and accuracy of data submitted on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students are selected by the Department of Education and not CBU. To complete verification, applicants are asked to submit federal tax documents and/or complete some forms and submit them to the Office of Student Financial Assistance. This form satisfies basic student information concerning family size and the information provided on the FAFSA. Federal and state aid cannot be disbursed until Verification is complete!!!
2013 Tax Return Transcript/ DRT – Parent/Student
Description: You have two options for submitting tax information:
- Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Clink on Start Here
- Click on Make Corrections
- Go to the Financial Information section and use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool for the student and parent (If student is classified as dependent)
- You must resubmit the FAFSA to complete the process!!!
- You may choose to submit official copies of your 2013 Tax Return Transcript. This is not the 1040! You can obtain copies of your transcript from the IRS at www.irs.gov or via telephone at (800) 829-1040.
2013 Other Untaxed Income
SNAP/Food Stamps/Child Support Paid
- 2014-2015 Special Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP Benefits) Form
- 2014-2015 Child Support Paid Form
Description: If you or anyone in your household received SNAP benefits and/or paid child support, you must complete these forms.
High School Completion Status
Description: Provide one of the following documents that indicate the student’s high school completion status when the student will begin college in 2014–2015:
- A copy of the student’s high school diploma.
- A copy of the student’s final official high school transcript that shows the date when the diploma was awarded.
- A copy of the student’s General Educational Development (GED) certificate or GED transcript.
- An academic transcript that indicates the student successfully completed at least a two-year program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor’s degree.
- If state law requires a homeschooled student to obtain a secondary school completion credential for homeschool (other than a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent), a copy of that credential.
- If state law does not require a homeschooled student to obtain a secondary school completion credential for homeschool (other than a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent), a transcript or the equivalent, signed by the student's parent or guardian, that lists the secondary school courses the student completed and documents the successful completion of a secondary school education in a homeschool setting.
If the student is unable to obtain the documentation listed above, he or she must contact the financial aid office.
Identity/Statement of Educational Purpose
Description: You must come to the Financial Assistance Office in person and bring a government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license, military ID or passport.
TSAA Change Form
Description: This form must be filled out to ensure that your Tennessee Student Assistance Award and Hope Lottery Scholarship will come to CBU.
Description: All students who are receiving hope are required to fill out this form and submit it.
Loan Entrance Interview or Entrance Counseling
Description: Log onto www.studentloans.gov and complete the Entrance Counseling and sign your Master Promissory Note. Your student loans will not disburse until both of these are completed.
If you have any additional requirements listed on either your Document Requirements Letter or on your bannerweb account, please visit our office so that we can ensure that your aid is disbursed accordingly.
Disclaimer: Information contained on this site is subject to change without prior notification.