International Transfers

Enter your search term & enter. Esc or X to close.

International Transfers

The Primary Designated School Official/Dean of Students is here for any questions you may have regarding your form I-20AB or your F-1 visa status while you are here inside the U.S.

A new form I-20 can be prepared for your arrival on campus, pending several important steps from you:

  • Please make sure to let your current school know that you are changing to Christian Brothers University. The previous school must electronically send your immigration records to us. This process, called a “SEVIS transfer,” is required for all for F-1 visa holders, including those who have been on OPT.

  • Make sure that our office has recent addresses (inside and outside of the U.S. ). We must also have information regarding how your tuition and fees will be paid. If you have funding from a department on campus, our office may not yet have received notice, so please make sure to give us a copy.

  • Our office must have up-to-date information related to your passport, visa, and visa status. When you arrive on campus, please come by the PDSO/Dean of Students' office so she can make photocopies of your passport, old I-20's, and all relevant documents. If you have applied for a green card or have made visa status changes, it is always important to let us know that as well.

Please remember that these reporting requirements are not a University rule; instead, these are United States Federal Government mandates, enforced by the Department of Homeland Security. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS, formerly called the “INS”) requires that all F-1 students provide the above-noted information within 15 days of the starting date of their new program of study.