Catholic & Lasallian Admissions Recruiter
Date: January 9, 2014
Department: Office of Admissions
Reports To: Director of Admissions
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Catholic and Lasallian Admissions Recruiter is responsible for developing and maintaining a positive relationship with prospective students (primarily traditional undergraduates) at all levels of the recruiting process, including the application and admissions stage. He/She also is responsible for working within the university environment to facilitate enrollment and good working relations among schools/departments as assigned. Manage and oversee a specified recruitment territory. Analyze data and make decisions on travel based on historic data.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Develop an understanding of the enrollment process at Christian Brothers University and actively participate in that process as the point person for developing relationships with applicants.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with high school college counselors at assigned Catholic and Lasallian Schools.
- Develop a communication plan for catholic and Lasallian schools.
- Achieve conversion goals from apply to accept and accept to enroll. Achieve all contact goals with applicants for each term.
- Facilitate daily business in the Admission Office, including appointments, interviews, ongoing maintenance of applicants’ files and other related activities.
- Review applications for admission and supporting documents and make decisions on admission based on academic information submitted. Refer applicants who do not meet criteria for admission to Admissions Committee.
- Maintain and document regular monthly contact and achieve contact goals with applicants, primarily via phone, but also via e-mail or letter to assist with the application process and provide information as required.
- Maintain effective communication with the Departments of Financial Aid, Registrar and Business Office as necessary to facilitate their efforts in the application process. Accurately counsel students and families on financial aid packages, including net costs to students.
- Travel where designated to represent the University and support recruiting efforts. This includes individual school visits, college fairs and conferences. Analyze yearly activity and use data to plan travel for the following years based on review for the successful management of specified recruitment territory.
- Represent the University using excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- This position involves non-traditional hours of evenings and weekends.
- Assist the Director in on and off campus events as needed.
- Accomplish other tasks consistent with an efficient enrollment operation as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
- Education: minimum of a Bachelors degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Work Experience: 2-5 years of prior higher education admissions experience and working knowledge of catholic and Lasallian high schools preferred
- History of being a self-starter and working with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full time, varying work hours
- Evening and weekends required
- Travel required (including overnight travel)
Qualified individuals should send cover letter and resume salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online now. Christian Brothers University offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment, regardless of sex, age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin or disability.
back to top