Application Specialist - Student/Intern
Date: May 23, 2013
Department: Information Technology Services
Reports To: Database Administrator
The main responsibility of the application specialist will be the maintenance of applications to support the needs of CBU.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Working closely with university departments to support applications.
- Provide day to day systems support for production-based applications.
- Maintaining knowledge of existing and emerging technologies.
- Develop applications (coding, programming, scripting)
- Database support and maintenance
- Application troubleshooting
Additional Duties and Responsibilities (Non-Essential Functions)
Other Duties as assigned due to needs of the Department
- Minimum Required Education Interns must be pursuing or already hold a Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Type and Amount of Experience: Specific knowledge, skills, and/or experience include programming or scripting in more than one modern development language, analysis, Oracle SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Microsoft Access & SQL, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Windows, FTP, Linux, Solaris UNIX, and a basic knowledge of university information flow between departments
Part-Time, possible nights and/or weekends
Qualified individuals should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online now.
Christian Brothers University offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment, regardless of sex, age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin or disability.
back to top