Data Manager/ Departmental Assistant
Posted: June 7, 2013
Location: Department of Physician Assistant Studies, Barry Hall
Reports to: Program Director, Department of Physician Assistant Studies
Hours: Monday- Friday 10AM – 2PM (occasionally may require modification)
This is a part-time position that will work approximately 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday. The position supports the efforts of the MSPAS program and staff and provides technical and material support to the Program Director, faculty, students, and others associated with the program. The Data Manager/ Departmental Assistant primary responsibility is for the collection and entry of data generated by the program into appropriate data bases that can assist the program in an ongoing self-appraisal and assessment. The data and reports generated will assist the program in its accreditation efforts as well as ongoing management of clinical rotation sites. In addition, the position will support and provide back-up to the Department’s Administrative Assistant. As such this person will be cross trained in the duties assigned to that position as well.
Duties and responsibilities
- Primarily responsible for Data Entry and Management for the Program
- Including but not limited to the clinical rotation and affiliations of the program.
- Generation of reports as requested by the program and accrediting agencies
- Provide support to the MSPAS Program Administrative Assistant
- Assists the Department Administrative Assistant in addressing student issues, event planning and other items that may arise.
- Assist with mailings and contacting current students regarding various academic issues as needed.
- Other Duties as assigned by the Program Director
- Baccalaureate Degree, preferably in field related to administration or academic administration. Non degreed individual will be considered if documented experiential qualifications provided in duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Two years’ experience in academic administration preferable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Publisher)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Type at least 45 wpm.
- Must have excellent organizations skills.
Christian Brothers University offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment, regardless of sex, age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin or disability.