Entrance Attendant (Part-Time)
Date: March 6, 2013
Salary: $8.50 per hour
Location: Department of Campus Police and Safety
Reports to: On duty Supervisor or Senior Campus Safety Officer and Director
Responsible for monitoring all vehicle and pedestrian traffic entering or leaving the campus. Ensures the safety and security of all personnel, students, guests, and facilities on campus. The entrance attendant is responsible for greeting people on the telephone and in person. Employees of this position are on a part time status and will work weekends. May be required to work special details or additional hours if needed.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Answer the telephone and pass on information to the officers on duty.
- Control the access of vehicles to the campus.
- Complete appropriate logs and paperwork.
- Provide directions and informational services as requested.
- Dispatch Campus Safety personnel as required.
- Present a professional appearance and demeanor at all times; including proper uniform or approved attire and neat and clean grooming.
- Facilitate emergency service requested by the on duty supervisor.
- Other related duties as assigned by a supervisor or the Director of Campus Safety.
Position Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team skills, confidentiality and reliability.
- No felony convictions.
- Ability to remain calm under stressful conditions.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Able to pass a background check.
- Possess or be able to obtain a Tennessee security officer license.
Christian Brothers University offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment, regardless of sex, age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin or disability.