Date: December 5, 2013
Department: Campus Police & Safety
Reports To: Director of Campus Police & Safety
As part of an assigned team, Campus Police Officers provide campus safety, security and law enforcement services to the University community. The individual provides a wide range of services, including both traditional and non-traditional police services. Officers are required to participate in crime prevention and community-oriented public safety programming. The successful candidate must project a positive image. Individuals enforce University regulations, local ordinances and state laws. The individual is a first responder to incidents, accidents and other emergency situations and is responsible for conducting initial and follow-up investigations into significant and criminal incidents. The individual will work under the direction of the supervisor. Overtime is mandatory. This is an entry-level, sworn campus police position.
- High School diploma or equivalent; some college education preferred
- United States citizenship
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Must have never been convicted of a felony or domestic violence.
- Successfully complete various fitness for duty assessments, including a comprehensive background investigation, a psychological evaluation, and a medical examination.
- Must be able to obtain a commission through the Memphis Police Department.
- Must have completed an accredited Tennessee Law Enforcement Training Academy
- Preferred experience: At least two years of work and/or life experience directly relating to a minimum of two of the following areas:
- Community service/involvement o Interviewing, public speaking, and conflict resolution
- Problem solving, using creative methods to resolve issues
- Multi-cultural work and life experiences
Nights, holidays and weekend work schedules.
Send cover letter and resume: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
Christian Brothers University
Director of Human Resources
650 East Parkway South
Memphis, TN 38104
or Apply Online Now.
Christian Brothers University offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment, regardless of sex, age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin or disability.