In response to the recent devastation in the Philippines and the related Lasallian ministries spread throughout the region, CBU is launching “Change for thePhilippines.” With just a few coins each day, we hope to make a difference much bigger than ourselves during the next week. We urge all members of the CBU Community to take part in this “Change for the Philippines” competition since some of our students, faculty, staff, and Brothers have family members directly affected by this tragedy.
Here’s how it works:
- You as an individual or organization/group get together and raise money. How you do that is up to you! You can go “canning,” you can initiate a penny war, you can create a “give thanks” wall where donors write what they’re thankful for on a leaf.
- During the annual Thanksgiving lunch on Wednesday, November 20, we will be praying for and mentioning our brothers and sisters in the Philippines. Br. Ricky Layong, a Brother in the Master of Arts in Teaching program, will reflect on his time in his home country.
- If you—or the organization you represent—has some money collected, the totals will be included on the large thermometer in the Café.
- We will then have two more days to collect funds for the Philippines.
- On Friday, November 22 at 5:00 p.m. in Alfonso, we will have the final collection for our week of work.
- The organization or individual that donates the most money will be announced at the BSA talent show on November 22 at 7:00 p.m. in the University Theater and will win a $100.00 gift card to Central BBQ.