Featured Alum: Emily Biggs Rettinger, Pharm.D., Chemistry 2000

Emily with her husband and son

I graduated from CBU with a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry in May 2000. In August of the same year, I started pharmacy school at UT Health Science Center. After finishing my first semester, I really felt like CBU had prepared me for the challenges that I had faced academically and in my day to day life, and I still feel that way today. I also became an active member of the professional pharmacy fraternity Phi Delta Chi and held the office of secretary my second year. I worked at St. Francis Hospital inpatient pharmacy to gain experience in a hospital setting. (I had previously worked for an independent and a chain pharmacy.)

In May of 2004, I graduated with honors and a Doctor of Pharmacy degree. After receiving my license, I started working for SuperD, and I continue to work there today. I also continue to work for St. Francis on an as needed basis. I am a member of the Memphis Area Pharmacist Society, American Pharmacist Association (APhA), Tennessee Pharmacist Association (TPA), and the Christian Pharmacist Fellowship International (CPFI).

While attending pharmacy school, I met my husband, Paul, who also works for SuperD pharmacy here in Memphis. We have a 3 year old son, Matthew. We enjoy traveling, going to the Mississippi Riverking’s hockey games, and spending time with family. We are also members of First United Methodist Church.