MHIRT Alumni Update
Dr. Antonio Padua Carobrez came to Memphis on November 10th for a few days prior to the Society for Neuroscience meeting in San Diego California. He gave two lectures while in town, one at the University of TN Health Science Center (UTHSC) to first year medical students and one at CBU. The purpose of these lectures was to help recruit students to the MHIRT program. Also while he was in Memphis, a dinner was held at Dr. Malinda Fitzgerald’s house and several MHIRT alumni attended. It was an opportunity for the students that had been to Florianopolis , Brasil to catch up and visit with Dr. Carobrez.
- Jennifer Paxson Saputra, Biology CBU 2006, MHIRT 2005. Jennifer is currently working on her PhD at the UTHSC in Neuroscience with Dr. John Boughter.
- Annette Diggs, Biology U of M, 2006, MHIRT 2005. For the past three years, Annette has worked at Cargill as a qualitative management chemist. She is currently applying to pharmacy school.
- Dr. Malinda Fitzgerald, Dr. Padua Carobrez
- Ashley Miller, Biology CBU, 2006, MHIRT 2004. After graduating from CBU, Ashley worked as a LaSallian volunteer in Providence RI. When she returned to Memphis she worked in the admissions department at CBU as an admissions counselor for three years. She is currently in the masters program in epidemiology at UTHSC, Memphis.
- Phong Nugyen, Biology UT Martin 2009, MHIRT 2008. Phouongdinh Nguyen graduated from UTM and worked full time as a research assistant at UTHSC. She is currently in nursing school at UTHSC and working part time as a research assistant in Dr. Anton Reiner’s laboratory.
- Vanessa Walker, Biology CBU 2011, MHIRT 2010. Vanessa is currently finishing her BS degree at CBU. She presented her research at the Society for Neuroscience meeting in November 2010.
- Ting Wong, Biology CBU, 2010, MHIRT 2009. Ting is currently working at UTHSC full time as a research assistant in Dr. Anton Reiner’s laboratory, while she considers her graduate school options.
- Vicky Ruleman, Biology Vanderbilt 2010, MHIRT 2010. Vicky is currently a first year medical student at UTHSC, Memphis.