Where Have Faculty and Administrators Been Traveling?

Mrs. Pat Papachristou and her husband, Dr. Gerald, traveled to England, Wales and Mexico.

“I enjoyed my family vacation in London in July. We were visiting my husband’s two sisters and brother. We rented a “converted barn” near Ross on Wye, in a charming out-of-the-way place. The scenery was made up of small farms with sheep in the meadows that looked like green patch work quilts in many shades. A few miles away and a world away from Ross, with its bustling high street and old market place that sold fresh vegetables. Most of the establishments were old Tudor buildings that were now hotels, antique stores, etc.

“During the month of June, I had worked in Mexico with Dr. Joan Landeros at the university and her assistant to develop a week study visit for CBU students to Mexico City. I visited most of the sights that will be included in our May trip and met the professors who will be giving lectures on the three cultures of Mexico and its history. I was particularly interested in checking out the safety in the neighborhoods around the university where we would be staying and around the sites we would be seeing. I got to experience the excitement of being downtown after the Mexicans won the Olympic soccer championship on Saturday afternoon. It was amazing!

“In August, I went to Mexico City to develop an exchange program with La Salle University there. I stayed with one of the families that La Salle uses for short stays for foreign students. It was conveniently located in the Condessa neighborhood, very close to the University and only a few miles from the historic district. While I was there I met with the Dean of Business School and talked about how we could develop a student exchange program that would include a future internship component, as well as an academic semester program.

“Please join me for my CBU trip in May 2013!”

Other Faculty Travels
• Professor Gary Tooley (Physician Assistant Studies) and his wife traveled to Jamaica on a medical/dental mission trip and will be leaving for Guatemala in May.
Dr. Frank Busher (VP for Academics) travelled to Rome and to the Philippines on Lasallian business.
Dr. and Mrs. John Smarrelli (President) were in Rome for a Lasallian workshop and visit.
Dr. Rick Potts (Education) and his wife, Annalise, traveled extensively to Italy, Monaco, France, Spain and Tunisia.
Dr. Malinda Fitzgerald (Biology) was in Brazil directing MHIRT students in research.

Please join CBU on some of our travels.
For details go to www.cbu.edu/studyabroad or email studyabroad@cbu.edu or just drop by our offices in Buckman Hall 346-347. Phone: (901) 321-3461