Christian Brothers University offers a convenient and affordable RN to BSN Program in a mix of online and face-to-face format. We invite you to become a part of this exciting, new program that will give you the ability to further advance in nursing.
This 3-semester RN to BSN program for Registered Nurses provides a unique alternative to the traditional method of pursuing a bachelor's degree. The program is designed as a transformational learning experience leading to personal and professional skill development to meet the needs of Registered Nurses previously prepared at the ADN or diploma level.
The CBU Nursing Program uses a cohort-based learning module for the RN-BSN completion program. Cohorts of 20-25 adult learners share the academic experience as a cohesive group participating in active learning to enhance nursing knowledge and cognitive skills, including synthesis, analysis and evaluation.
The admissions calendar for nursing allows students to be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. CBU has two starting classes each year– in August and January. For specific deadlines and more details, please take a look at our Admissions procedures.
Preparing nursing professionals for the challenges of healthcare
The BSN-prepared nurse is highly sought after by healthcare employers who recognize that patient acuity now necessitates a higher level of nursing education. The BSN curriculum at CBU focuses on current healthcare issues and delivery, and prepares the student to assume a leadership role in a variety of settings. Upon evaluation of transcripts, transfer semester hour credits for general education courses completed at a college or university may be awarded. This Nursing track can be completed in 3 semesters consisting of 16 weeks.
CBU employs a distinguished faculty that includes professional educators as well as practitioners in the field of nursing. All nursing faculty members hold a minimum of a Master of Science in Nursing, with many also holding doctoral degrees from various institutions of higher education. CBU's nursing faculty includes individuals with specialties/concentrations in the following areas: adult health, family nurse practitioner, administration, education and community health nursing.
The program is designed for the working registered nurse (RN) to obtain a baccalaureate degree in nursing in as little as three semesters of full-time study beginning in August or January of each year.
CBU is for you if you:
- Want an interactive, face-to-face hybrid RN to BSN program with nursing classes one night per week. BSN program with nursing classes one night per week.
- Want a cohort style learning experience with support from faculty and classmates .
- Desire to work while pursuing your BSN.
- Want to increase your career mobility and marketability.
- Are looking for competitive tuition and fees.
- Wish to focus on care management and outcomes.
- Want no repetition of nursing content.
- Want to explore global opportunites of learning through mission trip to Haiti or Faith Community Nursing partnership with the Church Health Center or working with the Congregational Health Network from Methodist LeBonheur Healthcare
- Be a part of the focus on Magnet Status in Nursing
The CBU Nursing Program is fully accredited by the TN Board of Nursing. The program met all standards of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) as determined by the site visits in September 2012 and has been recommended for full approval.