The CBU Parents Council exists to increase parent involvement in University activities in order to support both the mission of CBU, as well as the needs of its undergraduate students. The Council focuses on encouraging interaction between family members and the University by supporting programs offered by the Career Services Office, Student Life, Admissions, and the Office of Advancement Services.
Parents Council Goals
- To support programs and initiatives that meet the continuing needs of CBU Students and Families
- To serve as active ambassadors and advocates, promoting the value of CBU to external constituents
- To facilitate communication and mutual understanding between CBU families and the University community
Council Member Expectations
- Attend two Council meetings per year: during Alumni & Parent Weekend in October and again in May
- Provide strategic input to administrators regarding issues of importance to students and families
- Represent the Parents Council at CBU events
- Contribute to CBU parents via an e-newsletter that is coordinated through the Communications & Marketing Office
- Assist in recruiting future Parents Council members
- Commit to a two-year term, which is renewable
- Participate in annual Parents Council Reception during Alumni & Parents Weekend
- Participate in one CBU program or initiative each year, such as:
- The Externship Program
- The Academic Internship Program
- Admissions Programming/Recruiting
- Student Life Programming
- CBU Career Panel Programming
- Advancement Programming
Council Member Benefits
- The opportunity to shape the family experience at CBU
- Become more knowledgeable about University resources and programs that support student success
- Engage regularly with CBU administrators
- Meet and network with other CBU families
- Assist a student with their career development while possibly identifying top talent for your organization
- Parents Council seating for CBU Commencement
Become a Member Today!
If you are interested in learning more or becoming a member, please fill out the form below. The Office of Advancement Services will contact interested families to schedule a phone meeting.
In the meantime, if you have any questions about the Council, please feel free to contact us.