CBU Bookstore Helps Students Save Big with Rental and Price Match
Bookstore is helping to make college more affordable for students this spring with two major cost-saving initiatives, text rental and price match.
- Follett's text rental program is now the largest university textbook rental program.
- Last fall, Follett's text rental program saved students $100 million.
- Rental texts offer discounts of up to 80 percent compared to purchasing new.
- Follett's risk-free rental policies allow highlighting, note taking and converting the rental to purchase.
- Follett has expanded its Price Match program across its campus store network to include CBU Bookstore.
- Price Match gives students confidence that CBU Bookstore is providing access to all required course materials at the lowest price possible.
- If students find course material that they purchased at the campus store advertised at a lower price from a competing retailer, they are eligible to receive the difference from the campus store.
- Price Match allows students to apply price match funds to supplies or other needed materials available the campus store.
Driving Access and Affordability
- With more than 1,200 campus stores and 1,600 virtual stores, Follett's programs are making a big impact on college affordability and access for students nationwide.
- Follett offers the largest inventory of used books in the industry and a huge rental library.
- The combination of Follett's Text Rental and Price Match programs help cut costs and ensure hassle-free access to needed course materials.
- In total, Follett's text rental program has saved students nationwide more than $1 billion