MBA in Healthcare Management
The School of Business offers a 36-hour course of study leading to the Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management (HMBA) degree. This program is targeted for individuals who currently work in the field of healthcare, those who want to explore a career in this field, or those making a transition into the healthcare sector. The curriculum consists of 12 courses, taught by instructors who have extensive experience in the field.
A student may be able to transfer up to nine hours of graduate level healthcare management-related coursework into the program to replace equivalent courses approved by the Director of Graduate Business Programs. Transfer of credits from other programs that are not health care management-related will not be accepted.
Students enrolled in the HMBA program will attend classes one night per week for 8-week periods.
There are 12 HMBA Courses:
- HMBA 615. Organizational Behavior and Leadership Development (3 hours)
- HMBA 602. Human and Legal Aspects of Healthcare Management (3 hours)
- HMBA 603. Healthcare Managerial Economics (3 hours)
- HMBA 609. Financial Statement Analysis of Healthcare Organizations (3 hours)
- HMBA 610. Strategic Financial Management of Healthcare Organizations (3 hours)
- HMBA 605. Healthcare Research and Information Technology (3 hours)
- HMBA 620. Healthcare Quality and Process Improvement (3 hours)
- HMBA 606. Healthcare Marketing (3 hours)
- HMBA 608. Capstone Project (3 hours)
- HMBA 611. Public Health Policy Considerations (3 hours)
- HMBA 612. Strategic Planning and Management of Healthcare Systems (3 hours)
- HMBA 613. Supply Chain and Project Management of Healthcare Systems (3 hours)
GRE-GMAT Comparison Tool
The easy-to-use GRE® Comparison Tool was designed to help newer GRE score users understand and appropriately interpret GRE scores in the context of GMAT scores. The tool calculates predicted GMAT scores based on an applicant’s GRE Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning scores.