Objectives & Outcomes
Engineering Management Objectives & Outcomes
The Program Educational Objectives of the Engineering Management program are to:
- Prepare our students for successful and productive technical and managerial careers with effective communication.
- Prepare our students for the successful pursuit of graduate studies in engineering management or other professional fields.
- Prepare our students to be active participants in professional organizations.
Student outcomes include:
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the disciplines;
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processed; and
- An ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.