Educators prepared at CBU are teachers who lead and serve. CBU offers programs that meet the needs of educators and help teachers and leaders make a difference.
For 150 years, Christian Brothers University has played a vital role in helping teachers make a difference in the lives of children. The University’s legacy of teaching goes back even further than that – the founder of the Christian Brothers order, St. John Baptist de La Salle, is the Patron Saint of teachers.
In keeping with the long-standing Lasallian tradition of teaching excellence, the Department of Education offers undergraduate and graduate programs to prepare students for initial teaching licensure and also graduate programs for those already licensed and experienced as teachers.
For general information, contact:
- Undergraduate Admissions — (901) 321-3205 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate Admissions — (901) 321-3300 or email@example.com
The NCATE / CAEP visit was April 21-23, 2015. Results of the findings indicated that the CBU Department of Education has met all 6 NCATE standards. Full accreditation decisions were made public in the fall of 2015. As part of our on-going accreditation, CAEP requires universities to post candidate scores for public information.
Undergraduate and MAT Licensure Options
- Early Childhood Education – PreK-3 (undergraduate and MAT)
- Elementary Education – K-5 (undergraduate and MAT)
- Special Education Interventionist – K-8/6-12 (undergraduate and MAT)
- Middle Grades – Mathematics 6-8 (undergraduate and MAT)
- Biology 6-12 (undergraduate and MAT)
- Mathematics 6-12 (undergraduate and MAT)
- Chemistry 6-12 (undergraduate and MAT)
- English 6-12 (undergraduate and MAT)
- History – 6-12 (undergraduate and MAT)
- Physics – 6-12 (undergraduate and MAT)
- Middle Grades – English/Language Arts 6-8 (MAT only)
- Middle Grades – Social Studies 6-8 (MAT only)
- Middle Grades – Science 6-8 (MAT only)
- Spanish – PreK-12 (MAT only)
- French – PreK-12 (MAT only)
- German – PreK-12 (MAT only)
- Visual Arts – K-12 (MAT only)
- Fast Track Educational Leadership (ILL-B license)
- Master of Science in Educational Leadership (MSEL)