Cybersecurity & Digital Forensics
Cybercrime is a growing problem for businesses and industries worldwide. Experts in cybersecurity and digital forensics are in great demand.
At CBU, you will learn skills necessary to protect data and catch cyber criminals in this interdisciplinary program that integrates courses in business, computer science, electrical engineering, and management information systems
- Digital forensics lab
- Internship with one of CBU’s corporate partners
What You’ll Study
The degree requires 123 credit hours, and you will take two major courses of study:
- Computer science and engineering courses that focus on digital design, data structures, programming, networks, and database design
- Business coursework that covers business applications, management information systems, information security, and digital forensics
Today’s cybercrime costs business and industry $200 billion a year. According to Network World magazine, “The need for cybersecurity experts spans all industries…” The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that careers in cybersecurity will grow by 30 percent.
- Information Security Crime Investigator/Forensics Expert
- System, Network, and/or Web Penetration Tester
- Forensic Analyst
- Incident Responder
- Security Architect
- Malware Analyst
Is a Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics Major for You?
If you have interest in one or more of these areas, a cybersecurity and digital forensics major may be for you:
- Computer systems
- Computer science