KWFF Science Scholarship Fund
The Kemmons Wilson Family Foundation (KWFF) seeks to perpetuate and enhance the philosophy and entrepreneurial spirit of its founder, Kemmons Wilson.
A true pioneer in the hospitality industry and a consummate entrepreneur, Kemmons Wilson left an indelible stamp on the culture of American commerce. As the founder of Holiday Inn, he used his vision and determination to build a company that revolutionized an industry and—in the process— changed the way we travel, the way we live, and the way we do business.
The Kemmons Wilson Family Foundation Science Scholarship Fund supports incoming CBU students with a strong academic track record, an interest in the sciences and a commitment to community service. Up to five awards of $5,000 each will be offered to incoming freshman students and will be renewable for up to four years. These scholarships will complement any existing scholarship and aid packages, up to the annual cost of tuition and fees.
- Eligibility: Applicants must be incoming freshman science majors. Students must be enrolled as full-time CBU freshmen for the fall 2020 semester. Students must pursue a major in CBU’s School of Sciences.
- Timeline: The deadline for applying for a Kemmons Wilson Family Foundation Science Scholarship Fund is January 31, 2020. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application on or about March 15, 2020. Applications chosen will be called to interview with the foundation.
- Registration: Registration is closed for this scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients are expected to maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA, measured at the end of the academic year, while carrying a full-time course load at CBU and pursuing a major in the School of Sciences.
- Recipients are expected to perform at least ten hours (five fall and five spring semester) of community service in the manner of their choosing.
- Wilson Scholars are required to attend at least two annual events held in their honor, with specific dates and times to be determined.
- Agree to maintain the high ethical standards which embody the values of the KWFF.
- Agree to share certain personal and academic information with the KWFF for marketing and media purposes (KWFF newsletters, annual reports, etc.). Such information will include award recipient’s digital photo available from the University database; student’s university status (year of study) and hometown; work experience and future career plan.
Candidates must complete the online scholarship application; submit an essay, academic record, and a record of community involvement; and demonstrate interest in pursuing a major in the sciences. Please note: Applications are only accepted through the online submission form.