Enter your search term & enter. Esc or X to close.

Apply for Assistance

Financial Aid Fact Sheets


Understanding Your CBU Award (.pdf)
Adult Professional Studies Fact Sheet (.pdf)
Graduate Program Fact Sheet (.pdf)
PA Program Fact Sheet (.pdf)
Satisfactory Progress for Title IV (.pdf)


Parents, future and current students are more than welcome to directly contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance with questions, issues and concerns at!

If you’ve never completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for financial aid before, and would like an idea of what to expect, visit the Federal Student Aid’s FAFSA4caster. The FAFSA4caster provides an opportunity to learn more about the process and the various financial aid programs available to you.

Undergraduate and graduate students wanting to apply for federal, state, and institutional funds must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This application can be completed at the FAFSA on the Web site. The FAFSA can be completed entirely online by obtaining a Personal Identification Number (PIN) from the Federal Student Aid’s PIN website. If you are considered to be a dependent student, one of your parents will also need to obtain a PIN.

The information on the FAFSA is used to establish financial aid eligibility for the various financial aid programs offered at CBU. There is no separate institutional financial aid application to complete.

You will need CBU's School Code, 003482, for us to receive your application data. You must re-apply for financial aid each academic year by completing a FAFSA.

The financial aid packet students receive is based on estimated budgets for the year. Estimated costs for full-time students can be found on our Net Price Calculator. Important dates for the academic year can be found on the Registrar's Office Academic Calendar page.

Adding CBU to an Earlier FAFSA
If you have already filled out a FAFSA form and would like to add CBU to it, you may do so online using your PIN number. CBU’s code is 003482.

FAFSA Questions & Help
You can get information from the FAFSA Help Center for free by calling 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243). 
Information specialists at this number can:

  • help you complete the FAFSA (either electronic or paper).

  • answer your questions about a PIN.

  • help you make corrections to your Student Aid Report (SAR)

  • explain federal student aid eligibility requirements and other aspects of student aid.

  • explain the process of determining financial need and awarding aid.

  • have your application information sent to a specific school.

  • send federal student aid publications to you.


  • Once you are accepted into Christian Brothers University, the Office of Student Financial Assistance will determine your award and send you an award notification letter.
  • You should review your awards carefully. Your awards are based on the information reported on your FAFSA and full time enrollment in a degree seeking or certification program.

  • You may decline all or portions of your awards by striking through those you do not wish to receive.

  • Awards are based on FULL-TIME ENROLLMENT (see below)
   Fall Semester  Spring Semester
Undergraduate  12  12
Graduate  9  9
  • Institutional awards are NOT available if you enroll in less than full time.

  • Undergraduate William D. Ford Direct Loans are not available if you enroll in less than 6 hours per semester.

  • Graduate William D. Ford Direct Loans are not available if you enroll in less than 5 hours per semester.

  • Pell grants and/or the Tennessee Student Assistance Awards are prorated based on the hours you are enrolled in if less than full time.

Disclaimer: Information contained on this site is subject to change without prior notification.