If you are interested in becoming a health professional, CBU’s Biomedical Science degree will get you ready for health-related professional schools. This degree is a specialized Biology degree tailored to provide the strongest foundation for professional programs such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and physical therapy.
- Lecture class sizes not exceeding 40 students
- Lab class sizes not exceeding 16 students
- Opportunity to present research at CBU poster session and a scientific meeting
- Opportunity for international research and service
- Internship and/or a mentored research project that pairs you with either a CBU faculty member or an investigator at a research institution. Past students have conducted significant research at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, the University of Memphis, and the Memphis Zoo.
What You’ll Study
The Biomedical Science major requires 122 credit hours. You’ll take CBU general education and liberal arts courses, School of Sciences Support Requirements, plus courses in:
- General Biology
- Comparative Anatomy
The academic catalog lists all course requirements for this program.
A Biomedical Science major can lead to healthcare-related careers such as:
- Veterinary medicine
- Physical therapy
Biology faculty provide the attention and support you need to succeed at the University.
Clubs and Organizations
You will enjoy a variety of activities as a member of Mu Tau Chapter of Beta Beta Beta, the national undergraduate biology honor society.
Is a Biomedical Science Major for You?
If you are serious about immersing yourself in a rigorous but supportive program that pushes you to achieve, the Biomedical Science major may be for you.
Dr. James E. Moore, chair and associate professor
Ready to take the next step toward becoming a CBU student?
Schedule a visit, request more information, or apply online.