A healthy campus and community is something that CBU has strived for over the years. In order to help promote this initiative, the Benefits and Compensation Committee is creating a new Healthy Initiative Program. This page is dedicated to the program and will contain information regarding how to be healthier and more active, such as walking trails and other ideas.
Read the President's letter announcing our participation in the CEO's Culture of Health Initiative here.
If you have any ideas or information in relation to this initiative that you think would benefit the CBU community, please send your suggestions to Lauren Bowen in Human Resources.
- Walking Trails: Please visit our walking trails page. Here we have three walking trails, each around 1 mile, to aid in exercise around campus.
- MBGH Newsletters: Click here to view the monthly newsletters for the Memphis Business Group on Health.
- CEO Culture of Health Newsletters: Click here to view the monthly newsletters for the CEO Culture of Health Newsletters.
- Exercise App by Johnson & Johnson: 7 Minute Workout App
- This app allows you to workout without any equipment and allows you to experience a wide variety of exercise routines.
- Local Clubs and Events:
- Upcoming Running Races: Click here to view races located within 25 miles of Memphis.
- Memphis Runners Track Club: Click here to view the website for the local runners club.
- Memphis Hightailers Bicycle Club: Click here to view the website for the local bicycle club
Memphis Business Group on Health (MBGH)
The MBGH webpage lists details and information for annual conferences as well as many other helpful resources, community health events, etc. Please click here to view.
"It's Quittin' Time in Tennessee"
A statewide campaign to promote awareness of and resources for quitting smoking will take place February 22-26, 2016. More information concerning this campaign can be found here