PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The educational objectives of the civil engineering program are to prepare students to enter and continue the practice of engineering and/or to continue their education by study in graduate or professional schools. Graduates will demonstrate:
- The ability to apply mathematics, engineering sciences, computer applications, and natural sciences to civil and environmental engineering problems.
- Entry-level competency of discipline-specific principles and practices within at least one of the following major areas of civil engineering: environmental, water resources, geotechnical, structural, transportation, and construction.
- The ability to synthesize principles and techniques from engineering, mathematics, and natural/social sciences to develop and evaluate alternative design solutions to civil and environmental engineering problems with specific constraints.
- Professional responsibility and a sensibility to a broad range of societal concerns, such as ethical, environmental, economic, regulatory, and global issues.
- Successful contribution to a team, effective communication, and an awareness of the necessity for personal and professional growth.
- An appreciation and understanding for the need of life-long learning throughout their careers.
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs
- an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- a recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
ENROLLMENT & GRADUATION STATISTICS
Our program leading to the Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (B.S.C.E.) degree is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.