PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The educational objectives of the civil engineering program are to prepare students to enter and continue the practice of engineering and/or to continue their education by study in graduate or professional schools. Graduates will demonstrate:
- The ability to apply mathematics, engineering sciences, computer applications, and natural sciences to civil and environmental engineering problems.
- Entry-level competency of discipline-specific principles and practices within at least one of the following major areas of civil engineering: environmental, water resources, geotechnical, structural, transportation, and construction.
- The ability to synthesize principles and techniques from engineering, mathematics, and natural/social sciences to develop and evaluate alternative design solutions to civil and environmental engineering problems with specific constraints.
- Professional responsibility and a sensibility to a broad range of societal concerns, such as ethical, environmental, economic, regulatory, and global issues.
- Successful contribution to a team, effective communication, and an awareness of the necessity for personal and professional growth.
- An appreciation and understanding for the need of life-long learning throughout their careers.
an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs
an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
an ability to communicate effectively
the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
a recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
ENROLLMENT & GRADUATION STATISTICS
Our program leading to the Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (B.S.C.E.) degree is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.