January Extended Break 2021
Although most of our students are away from campus, Christian Brothers University remains open for business for most of our extended academic break.
While we are open, we have made some adjustments to allow everyone to operate safely and efficiently during the academic break. We will update this page should we need to make any changes in response to local public health conditions or other circumstances.
Offices will be closed Monday, January 18 for Martin Luther Day Day.
Campus Access and Office Availability
Campus Police and Safety
Open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
ITS Computer Labs
- Open COVID Business Hours 7:30 am to 10:30 pm daily
- Note: computer labs in academic buildings will be closed through January 24 .
ITS Help Desk
- Open Monday-Friday, 7:30 am – 8:00 pm
- Saturday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Sunday 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Counselors will be available and appointments will be held as scheduled, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Evening hours will be based on student need.
- Student groups will continue to meet as scheduled via Zoom. Student group members should contact their counselor to confirm any changes to scheduled sessions.
- For support after hours and during University closures, students should contact Campus Police & Safety for mental health emergencies and crisis situations.
- Students needing non-emergency support can also contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1 (800) 273-8255 or the local Memphis Crisis Line at (901) 274-7477. Both entities operate 24 hours-a-day, free of charge and have access to databases with thousands of available resources for individuals with mental health needs.
- Open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- After-hours and on weekends, students should contact Campus Police & Safety for any type of medical emergency.
- Monday-Friday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm through January 22
- Beginning January 25, normal hours of 8:00 am – 4:30 pm will resume.
- Meetings available by appointment email@example.com.
- De La Salle (Stritch) Chapel open for personal prayer 9:00 am – 9:00 pm, Monday–Friday
- Sunday Night Mass at 8:00 pm will resume January 31
- January 4 – 29: Monday–Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Weekend and late-night hours will resume when the Spring semester begins
Mailroom & Print Shop
- Monday-Friday, 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
The CBU Admissions Office is happy to welcome prospective students and families to campus for in-person tours, by appointment Monday through Friday between 9:30 am and 2:30 pm.
COVID-19 safety precautions will be in place and will be provided to you in advance of your appointment.
Aramark Dining Services will be providing limited services for those students who have received special approval to remain in campus housing during the extended break. CBU employees working on campus are also invited to utilize the Alfonso Dining Hall.
Alfonso Dining Hall
- Open for the break for service to students living on campus
- Meals available 11:00 am – 1:00 pm and 4:00-6:00 pm
- Continental breakfast available for pickup at dinner service
The Buc and Canale Cafe
- CLOSED between November 26 and January 30
Residential students will be required to submit a negative COVID-19 result from a test taken within seven (7) days prior to their return to campus in January. We will again be organizing a staggered move-in to campus residences, about which further details will soon be provided to residential students. In the meantime, any questions should be directed to the Residence Life staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.