Dr. R. Dale Hale is Dean of Christian Brothers University’s Global College and the Director of the Center for Digital Instruction. He has been with CBU since the fall of 2018. Dale’s specialty is digital instruction, how to best deploy and employ the technologies available for education. He has helped guide CBU in selecting and deploying a new LMS. He has now led the institution in launching CBU’s first fully online program, Global College, looking past the realities of today to see the possibilities of the future.
- University of Kentucky, PhD - Education Policy Studies and Evaluation, 2004
- University of Kentucky, MSW - 1997
- Asbury Theological Seminary, MDiv - 1997
- Hobe Sound Bible College, BA in Biblical Education - 1983
- Online Course Development
- Online Faculty Training
Publications and Research Focus
- Lowe, V. and Hale, R. D. “Hello, Competency-based education meets the online world”. Presentation at the Association of Biblical Higher Education Annual Meeting (Orlando, FL), February 2022.
- Lowe, V. and Hale, R. D. “Understanding Learning Objectives & Curriculum Design for Online Education”. Presentation at the Association of Biblical Higher Education Annual Meeting (Orlando, FL), February 2021.
- Lowe, V. and Hale, R. D. “Integrating Assessment into the Institutional Planning Process”. Presentation at the Association of Biblical Higher Education Annual Meeting (Orlando, FL), February 2020.
- Hale, R. D. “Why use technology: Why pay attention when I can play Solitaire?”. Presented at UBC (Union Bible College) Educator’s Convention, April 2014.
- Hale, R. D. “Video and audio: Free tools to raise student interaction and retention”. Presented at UBC (Union Bible College) Educator’s Convention, April 2014.
- Hale, R. D. (2012) Online Faculty Development. Best Practices in Online Education: A Guide for Christian Higher Education (pp121-127). Information Age Publishing Incorporated.
- Hale, R. D. “Assessing the Quality of Online Classes with Recommendation for Change”. Presented at Campus Technology Conference, July 2010.
Andrews, L., Hale, R. D. “Distance Learning Presentation”. Distance Learning Consultation, April 25-26, 2006, Nashville, Tennessee
Service and Community Engagement
Board of Trustees, Southern Wesleyan University (2018 – Present)Ministerial Advisement Committee member (2019 – Present) Ministerial Education and Guidance Board member, New South Conference of the Free Methodist Church (2013 – Present)
Tuesdays – 3:00-4:00Thursdays – 3:00-4:00