Christian Brothers University offers the Master of Science in Educational Leadership, a single track focused on the preparation of individuals for formal school leadership roles – principal, assistant principal, supervisor, or facilitator – and for the Beginning Instructional Leadership License (ILL-B) in Tennessee. To apply for this program, you must show proof of three years of teaching experience prior to enrolling in this program. Please take a look at the M.S.E.L. Course Checklist to get a better idea if this program is for you.
To be considered for application, all your application materials should be submitted by:
- Fall Entry - July 15
- Spring Entry - November 1
- Please be prepared to upload the following information as you complete the online application:
- Letters of recommendation: As part of the application, you will be asked to provide email addresses of individuals to contact regarding recommendations. Provide three, from two peers and one supervisor.
- Apprentice or Professional Tennessee Teaching License showing at least three years teaching experience.
- Confidential Application Portfolio which contains:
- Current resume.
- Copies of last three years of evaluation documents. If this not available, provide documentation of administrative experiences through your school system’s Teacher/Administrator Verification Form.
- Complete a Professional Development Plan based upon three areas of improvement.
- Evidence to demonstrate an ability to improve student achievement and leadership in coaching others to raise student achievement.
- Evidence of in-depth knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Evidence to demonstrate an ability to develop collaborative, cooperative relationships with stakeholders.
- A personal statement of career goals and how the leadership program at CBU can assist you in reaching these goals.
- A Philosophy of Instructional Leadership.
- Autobiographical Sketch.
- If you are not employed by a TN public school district at this time, you must submit a background check.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Applicants must also complete the Star Administrator Questionnaire - Please create an account from the section of 'Get Started' The system will walk you through the rest of the registration and purchase process. Please email the results to GraduateEducation@cbu.edu.
- An interview with the Graduate Education Committee.
- $35.00 Application Fee Pay Online Now
To apply complete the M.S.E.L Online Application
International Student Information
For Immigration Matters:
Primary Designated School Official (PDSO)
Karen Conway, Dean of Students — Rozier Center, email@example.com, (901) 321-3536
All international students must read the PDSO/Dean of Student’s page, Immigration Matters
Please also see the International Student Information sheet for more information.
For more information, contact the Education Department at GraduateEducation@cbu.edu or (901) 321-4350.
*If you are not completing the online application, please do not send application materials such as recommendation forms, essays, or transcripts without first having an application on file. Please do not submit a portfolio in a notebook or in protective sheets. Plain sheets in a manila envelope is ideal.