Solving problems is a major part of doing business. Problems often arise with lost data, security breaches, expanded compliance and regulations. Businesses that can find and fix their problems quickly and efficiently will definitely have the edge over their competition. You can be part of the solution with a Data Analytics Concentration within the Engineering Management major.
Choice in Engineering Focus
The Engineering Management major is a great option if you discover, during your study of engineering, that you are most interested in the management aspects of engineering. You'll build a strong foundation in engineering knowledge, then develop the skills you need to manage people and processes in engineering.
Internships with Major Corporations
An internship during your study provides you with first-hand management experience. CBU Engineering Management students have interned with businesses including:
- International Paper
- Smith & Nephew
- Wright Medical
What You’ll Study
The Data Analytics Concentration requires 122 credit hours. You’ll take CBU general education and liberal arts courses, plus courses in:
- Computers in engineering problem solving
- Design of database systems
- Systems analysis and design
- Information security
- Digital forensics
- Security compliance and auditing
- Software programming for engineers
- Introduction to discrete mathematics
The academic catalog lists all course requirements for this program.
Graduates of our Engineering Management program are prepared to work in many different environments where management contributes to the success of engineering projects such as:
- Division manager, engineering
- Project leader
- Operations manager, engineering
- Plant engineering manager
- Product engineering manager
- Supervisor, engineering
- Senior director, engineering
- Business analytics
Engineering Management faculty will guide you through your program and give you help and support.
Is Engineering Management for You?
The Engineering Management major combines two sets of skills. You’ll excel in this field if you:
- Adapt quickly to new information or situations
- Communicate well verbally and in written communications
- Enjoy working with people
- Can delegate well to others
- Possess strong math skills
- Have an aptitude for engineering
You may be interested in another CBU program:
Master of Science in Engineering Management
Five Year BS/MSEM Program
The School of Engineering also offers an accelerated five-year BS/MSEM program that allows you to combine a bachelor of science (technical) with a master of science (management) degree that you can complete in five years.
The School of Engineering offers the following minors:
- Construction Management
- Electrical Engineering
Ready to take the next step toward becoming a CBU student?
Schedule a visit, request more information, or apply online.