Are you trying to decide if a degree in psychology is right for you? Take a look at the frequently asked questions below to get a better idea about our Bachelor of Professional Psychology degree program. It can help you better understand the world and the human condition. If you have any additional questions, or would like clarification on something, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
What is professional psychology?
The American Psychology Associate defines psychology as “The study of the mind and behavior. The discipline embraces all aspects of the human experience – from the functions of the brain to the actions of nations, from child development to care for the aged. In every conceivable setting from scientific research centers to mental health care services, ‘the understanding of behavior’ is the enterprise of psychologists.”
What can you do with a psychology degree?
People who earn a Bachelor’s degree in Professional Psychology can qualify for a wide variety of careers after graduation. Our program allows you to specialize in four distinct areas of study and pursue careers in a variety of fields.
The Criminal Justice concentration can lead to careers in:
- Law Enforcement
- Public Administration
- Juvenile Justice
The Organizational Psychology concentration can lead to careers in:
- Human Resources Development
- Human Resources Management
The Public Health concentration can lead to careers in:
- Health Services Management
- Public Health Engineering
- Healthcare Policy Analysis
What will I learn in psychology classes?
- Required core courses will help you build a solid foundation in major principles of professional psychology.
- Elective courses allow you to focus on your interests and study in areas that match your desired career path.
- Additionally, Christian Brothers University allows you to get credit for what you already know by transferring credits from previous educational experiences.
- For more information, click here »»
Can I transfer into the Bachelor of Professional Psychology program?
Yes. Christian Brothers University does accept transfer students for their College of Adult Professional Studies. However, not all credits are guaranteed to transfer. Click here for more information »»
What is the average salary for psychology degree recipients?
Because a psychology degree can be applied to so many different career fields, it’s difficult to provide accurate salary information. To learn more about potential career outcomes and salary figures for professional psychology graduates, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Occupational Outlook Handbook is a great place to start.
On average, individuals with a college degree earn significantly more income than those with no degree over the course of their entire working life.
Why study professional psychology at CBU?
- We provide a number of different scheduling options designed to help you earn your degree and fit education into your already busy life.
- We offer evening classes, which are an excellent option for working adults.
- We offer a hybrid model, which allows you to attend class on-campus just one night per week while completing the rest of your studies online.
- Our campus is centrally located in Memphis and is easily accessible from many surrounding areas.
- At CBU, you’ll have the chance to learn from instructors who are experts in their fields of study. Small class sizes allow you to get the individual attention and support you need.
For more answers, please see the general FAQ page.