To better meet the needs of the engineering/technical community, CBU Graduate Engineering offers Master’s Certificates. These proficiency concentrations consist of three graduate level courses taken from the MSEM curriculum and culminate in the issuing of a Technical Concentration of Completion. All of the courses in the Graduate Engineering Certificate programs apply toward the MSEM or MSCIS degree. Thus, you have the opportunity to get a sampling of the graduate engineering program.
Graduate Certificate Programs
- Engineering Management
The engineer, scientist, or technologist moving into a leadership or managerial role needs the latest business tools and techniques to drive their organizations to success. These tools are not normally part of a technical undergraduate curriculum. When you are ready to move to the next level, consider a Graduate Certificate in Engineering Management from CBU. Required Courses (3 courses): Theory and Applications in Engineering Management; Engineering Financial Management and Accounting; Technical Project Management
- Data Analytics
The Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics is designed to provide a skill-set to engineers, analysts and managers for data-driven business, technological, organizational, and managerial decision-making. The certificate focuses on methodologies and tools to implement efficient storage, retrieval, and quantitative analysis of data. Required Courses (3 courses): Introduction to Data Science, Data Base and Big Data Management, Operations Research, and Software Programming for Engineers
- Packaging Engineering
The Graduate Certificate in Packaging Engineering was designed for the engineer, scientist or technologist who must develop and produce packages that contain, protect and preserve, transport, inform, and sell a product. Required Courses (3 from the following 5 courses): Principles of Packaging; Distribution and Medical Device Packaging; Sustainability; Healthcare Packaging; Transport Packaging
- Quality of Medical Devices
The Graduate Certificate in Quality of Medical Devices was created to meet the needs of the Medical Device industry. It expands knowledge to improve job performance and increase the opportunities for advancement in the medical device industry. Required Courses (3 courses): Quality Assurance; Regulatory Affairs and Quality Systems; Quality Systems for the Medical Device Industry
All courses in the Graduate Engineering Certificate programs apply toward the MSEM or MSCIS degree. Thus you have the opportunity to get a sampling of the graduate engineering program.
If you hold the Professional Engineer’s (PE) license, then the concentration coursework will satisfy Personal Development Hours (PDH) required in all licensing states.
Admission Requirements for Certificate Programs
- A complete application form with application fee.
- One official transcript of previous academic credits from each of the colleges or universities previously attended.
- Two letters of recommendation from former teachers or immediate supervisors qualified to attest to the applicant’s preparation and ability to perform graduate study.
- Current resume.
- Personal statement describing the fit between career objectives and a master’s certificate.
- For International Students Only: A minimum proficiency in English equivalent to an IELTS score of 5.5 or higher, TOEFL iBT internet-based test score between 68 and 76, is required.
- World Education Services (WES) Comprehensive Course-by-Course Report. This evaluation is required for those whose highest degree is from a foreign university.