The Healthcare Packaging Consortium was founded on June 1, 2010, at Christian Brothers University by seven founding members: Evergreen Packaging, FedEx, Medtronic, Smith & Nephew, and Wright Medical. Since then, Olympus Surgical Technologies America, New-Tech Packaging, MicroPort Orthopedics, The Royal Group, Memphis Bioworks, Thaddeus Medical Systems, SweetBio, International Paper, Eetbe, Inc., and Restore Medical Solutions have joined the consortium.
Mission & Vision
The mission of the consortium is to advance the knowledge related to healthcare packaging through education and research. Our vision is to be a unique world-class healthcare packaging consortium with member companies from various segments of the packaging industry.
Regular membership is by invitation only. Membership annual fee is $3,000. Benefits for members include working together with other consortium members and CBU in various areas related to healthcare packaging via student projects and theses and two free one-day seminars per year. A consortium year is from June 1 to May 31 of the following year.
Associate membership is also available to companies which only want to take advantage of the free seminars above for $2,000 annual membership fee plus 25% discount on CBU packaging lab services.
- Evergreen Packaging - Geoff Nobes
- FedEx - Jay Gilman
- International Paper - Jimmy Deas
- Medtronic - Robin Turner
- Memphis Bioworks - Brandon Wellford
- MicroPort Orthopedics - Rob Phaneuf
- Olympus Surgical Technologies America - Joseph Scamardo
- Restore Medical Solutions - Steven King
- Smith & Nephew - Laurie Jordan and Mike Ostrowski
- SweetBio - Issac Rodriguez
- Thaddeus Medical Systems - Steve Scully
- Wright Medical - Liz Mason
The consortium is supported by CBU state-of-the-art ISTA certified packaging lab and various engineering labs within the School of Engineering at Christian Brothers University.
- September 16, 2011: Pulp, Paper, and Packaging; Performance Driven, Sustainability Focused Seminar, 1:30 - 5:00 p.m., N-241, Nolan Engineering Center, Christian Brothers University
- October 14, 2011: Trends in Healthcare Packaging Seminar, 1:30 - 5:00 p.m., N-241, Nolan Engineering Center, Christian Brothers University
- November 11, 2011: Logistics & Distribution Seminar, 1:30 - 5:00 p.m., N-241, Nolan Engineering Center, Christian Brothers University
- March 23, 2012: Packaging Materials Seminar, 1:30 - 5:00 p.m., N-241, Nolan Engineering Center, Chrisitan Brothers University
- May 1, 2012: Manufacturing Seminar (Track 1 of MAESC 2012 Conference), 8 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Assisi Hall, Christian Brothers University
- September 10, 2010: Regulatory Affairs in Medical Device Industry Seminar, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m., Sabbatini Lounge, Thomas Center, Christian Brothers University
- October 29, 2010: Manufacturing Processes Seminar, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m., Sabbatini Lounge, Thomas Center, Christian Brothers University
- November 19, 2010: Quality Systems for Medical Device Industry Seminar, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m., Sabbatini Lounge, Thomas Center, Christian Brothers University
- February 4, 2011: Medical Device Packaging for Non-Packaging Professionals Seminar, 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., Montesi Executive Center, Buckman Hall, Christian Brothers University
- March 25, 2011: Sterilization in Medical Device Industry Seminar, 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., Montesi Executive Center, Buckman Hall, Christian Brothers University
- May 3, 2011: Sustainability Seminar (Track 1 of MAESC 2011 Conference), 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Assisi Hall, Christian Brothers University