The Healthcare Packaging Consortium was founded on June 1, 2010, at Christian Brothers University by seven founding members: Evergreen Packaging, FedEx, Medtronic, Bayer Consumer Care, Smith & Nephew, and Wright Medical. Since then, The Pallet Factory, Inc., Olympus Surgical Technologies America, New-Tech Packaging, MicroPort Orthopedics, The Royal Group, Memphis Bioworks, GlaxoSmithKline, Thaddeus Medical Systems, SweetBio, International Paper, Eetbe, Inc., and Restore Medical Solutions have joined the consortium.
Mission & Vision
The mission of the consortium is to advance the knowledge related to healthcare packaging through education and research. Our vision is to be a unique world-class healthcare packaging consortium with member companies from various segments of the packaging industry.
Regular membership is by invitation only. Membership annual fee is $3,000. Benefits for members include working together with other consortium members and CBU in various areas related to healthcare packaging via student projects and theses, free two one-day seminars per year, and 30% discount on CBU packaging lab services. A consortium year is from June 1 to May 31 of the following year.
Associate membership is also available to companies which only want to take advantage of the free seminars above for $2,000 annual membership fee plus 25% discount on CBU packaging lab services.
- Bayer Consumer Care - Mike Tune
- Eetbe, Inc. - Fernando Qvyjt
- Evergreen Packaging - Geoff Nobes
- FedEx - Jay Gilman
- GlaxoSmithKline - Melissa Simpson
- International Paper - Jimmy Deas
- Medtronic - Robin Turner
- Memphis Bioworks - Brandon Wellford
- MicroPort Orthopedics - Rob Phaneuf
- Olympus Surgical Technologies America - Joseph Scamardo
- Restore Medical Solutions - Steven King
- Smith & Nephew - Paul Marshall
- SweetBio - Issac Rodriguez
- Thaddeus Medical Systems - Steve Scully
- The Pallet Factory - Michael Doyle
- Wright Medical - Jaganathan Palanisamy
The consortium is supported by CBU state-of-the-art ISTA certified packaging lab and various engineering labs within the School of Engineering at Christian Brothers University.
On October 17, 2013, Cloud Publications (Noida, NCR Delhi, India) and the consortium announced the collaboration in designating the International Journal of Advanced Packaging Technology as the official journal of the consortium.
PACKCON Scholarly Online Packaging Conference
On August 1, 2015, Cloud Publications and the consortium launched a new online packaging conference website, PACKCON. It is a new concept of a scholarly packaging conference.
- September 16, 2011: Pulp, Paper, and Packaging; Performance Driven, Sustainability Focused Seminar, 1:30 - 5:00 p.m., N-241, Nolan Engineering Center, Christian Brothers University
- October 14, 2011: Trends in Healthcare Packaging Seminar, 1:30 - 5:00 p.m., N-241, Nolan Engineering Center, Christian Brothers University
- November 11, 2011: Logistics & Distribution Seminar, 1:30 - 5:00 p.m., N-241, Nolan Engineering Center, Christian Brothers University
- March 23, 2012: Packaging Materials Seminar, 1:30 - 5:00 p.m., N-241, Nolan Engineering Center, Chrisitan Brothers University
- May 1, 2012: Manufacturing Seminar (Track 1 of MAESC 2012 Conference), 8 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Assisi Hall, Christian Brothers University
- September 10, 2010: Regulatory Affairs in Medical Device Industry Seminar, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m., Sabbatini Lounge, Thomas Center, Christian Brothers University
- October 29, 2010: Manufacturing Processes Seminar, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m., Sabbatini Lounge, Thomas Center, Christian Brothers University
- November 19, 2010: Quality Systems for Medical Device Industry Seminar, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m., Sabbatini Lounge, Thomas Center, Christian Brothers University
- February 4, 2011: Medical Device Packaging for Non-Packaging Professionals Seminar, 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., Montesi Executive Center, Buckman Hall, Christian Brothers University
- March 25, 2011: Sterilization in Medical Device Industry Seminar, 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., Montesi Executive Center, Buckman Hall, Christian Brothers University
- May 3, 2011: Sustainability Seminar (Track 1 of MAESC 2011 Conference), 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Assisi Hall, Christian Brothers University
List of faculty/staff/student publications