REQUEST MORE INFO
The School of Business offers a 35-hour course of study leading to the Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management (HMBA) degree. This program is targeted for individuals who currently work in the field of healthcare, those who want to explore a career in this field, or those making a transition into the healthcare sector. The curriculum consists of 11 courses, preceded by a two-hour orientation course: Introduction to Healthcare Management.
A student may be able to transfer up to nine hours of graduate level healthcare management-related coursework into the program to replace equivalent courses approved by the Director of Graduate Business Programs. Transfer of credits from other programs that are not health care management-related will not be accepted.
Similar to the Cohort MBA Program, students enrolled in the HMBA program will attend classes one night per week for 8-week periods.
There are 12 HMBA Courses:
- HMBA 600. Introduction to Healthcare Management (2 hours)
- HMBA 601. Current Issues in Healthcare Management (3 hours)
- HMBA 602. Human and Legal Aspects of Healthcare Management (3 hours)
- HMBA 603. Healthcare Managerial Economics (3 hours)
- HMBA 605. Healthcare Research and Information Technology (3 hours)
- HMBA 606. Healthcare Marketing (3 hours)
- HMBA 608. Capstone Project (3 hours)
- HMBA 609. Financial Statement Analysis of Healthcare Organizations (3 hours)
- HMBA 610. Strategic Financial Management of Healthcare Organizations (3 hours)
- HMBA 611. Public Health Policy Considerations (3 hours)
- HMBA 612. Strategic Planning and Management of Healthcare Systems (3 hours)
- HMBA 613. Supply Chain and Project Management of Healthcare Systems (3 hours)
To see more detailed course descriptions, please visit the HMBA Courses page.
The easy-to-use GRE® Comparison Tool was designed to help newer GRE score users understand and appropriately interpret GRE scores in the context of GMAT scores. The tool calculates predicted GMAT scores based on an applicant's GRE Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning scores.