The School of Business offers a 35-hour course of study leading to the Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management (HMBA) degree. This program is targeted for individuals who currently work in the field of healthcare, those who want to explore a career in this field, or those making a transition into the healthcare sector. The curriculum consists of 11 courses, preceded by a two-hour orientation course: Introduction to Healthcare Management.
A student may be able to transfer up to nine hours of graduate level healthcare management-related coursework into the program to replace equivalent courses approved by the Director of Graduate Business Programs. Transfer of credits from other programs that are not health care management-related will not be accepted.
Similar to the Cohort MBA Program, students enrolled in the HMBA program will attend classes one night per week for 8-week periods.
Plan to join us for one of our upcoming information sessions!
Tuesday, February 5 • Tuesday, April 2
Rosa Deal School of Arts, Room 111 • Reception at 5:30 p.m. / Info Session at 6:00 p.m.
There are 12 HMBA Courses:
- HMBA 600. Introduction to Healthcare Management (2 hours)
- HMBA 601. Current Issues in Healthcare Management (3 hours)
- HMBA 602. Human and Legal Aspects of Healthcare Management (3 hours)
- HMBA 603. Healthcare Managerial Economics (3 hours)
- HMBA 604. Financial and Accounting Considerations in Healthcare Management (3 hours)
- HMBA 605. Healthcare Research and Information Technology (3 hours)
- HMBA 606. Healthcare Marketing (3 hours)
- HMBA 607. Epidemiology (3 hours)
- HMBA 608. Capstone Project (3 hours)
- HMBA 611. Public Health Policy Considerations (3 hours)
- HMBA 612. Strategic Planning and Management of Healthcare Systems (3 hours)
- HMBA 613. Supply Chain and Project Management of Healthcare Systems (3 hours)
To see more detailed course descriptions, please visit the HMBA Courses page.