Christian Brothers University’s International Student Services will host a full day of orientation sessions at the beginning of the fall semester to welcome new international students and help them adjust to their new life at Christian Brothers University. International Student Services – a division of Student Life – are looking for International Peer Leaders to volunteer and help facilitate orientation activities on Friday, August 17, 2018.
International Peer Leader Duties
- Serve as a role model and a resource to new international students during orientation week
- Assist with meeting and greeting new international students at the Memphis airport
- Facilitate ice-breakers and lead team-building activities during International Student Orientation
- Participate in student panels or give presentations for new international students
- Assist in preparation, implementation, and evaluation of International Student Orientation
- Full-time or part-time student at CBU with at least one year of completed studies at CBU– both international and domestic students are encouraged to apply
- Possess an interest in international education and programming
- Be available for International Peer Leader Training and International Student Orientation
Benefits of Serving as an International Peer Leader
- Serving as an International Peer Leader is a great way to build relationships, develop leadership skills, and add experience to your resume!
- International Peer Leader Training: Thursday, August 9, 2018
- International Student Orientation: Friday, August 17, 2018
- International Education Week Events: November 12-16, 2018 (*participation optional)
How to Apply
- Contact Dr. Mary McConner, Director of Multicultural Student Services, at email@example.com if you have any questions.
*The International Peer Leader Program is a volunteer program with the primary intent of helping new international students become acquainted with CBU and Memphis.