- Interlibrary loan is available to current CBU students, faculty, and staff.
- Copies of articles are yours to keep. Books must be returned to the lending library.
- Items available to CBU students at Local Libraries are not provided through interlibrary loan. Students are responsible for obtaining the items from Local Libraries.
- Delivery time varies, averaging 1-2 weeks for an article and 2-3 weeks for a book. We recommend you request an item 2-3 weeks before the material is needed.
- If you are ordering books, we recommend that you order no more than you can read within the loan period.
Loan Periods & Renewals:
- Loan periods and due dates are set by the lending library.
- If you think you may want to extend the loan period, ask for a renewal immediately. It can take time to arrange a new due date. The lending library is not required to extend the loan period.
- Failure to return interlibrary loan materials on time will result in the revocation of interlibrary loan privileges until you are in compliance.
- Typically there is no charge. Should the only source of a requested item charge for services, we will ask you before proceeding with the order to see if you are willing to pay.
- Plough Library’s overdue charges for Interlibrary Loan items are $1.00 per day.
- If an interlibrary loan is not returned within 7 days of the due date, you will be charged for replacement costs ($50) and a processing fee ($15).
- Failure to return interlibrary loan materials on time may also result in charges from the lending library. You are responsible for these charges. Dollar amounts vary by institution.
Questions? Contact ILL Coordinator Melissa Verble.
Items difficult to obtain through Interlibrary Loan include:
- Audiovisual materials
- Newly published books
COPYRIGHT NOTICE: Copies made for interlibrary loan may be subject to copyright law.